Welcome, Guest!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
JeongJeong

The Most Influential Girl Groups

1. Fin.K.L

2. Wonder Girls

3. S.E.S

4. Girls' Generation

5. MAMAMOO

6. BLACKPINK

7.TWICE

Spoiler

Another largely popular K-POP girl group, TWICE consists of nine members and rose to fame in 2016 with "Cheer Up" that quickly spread across the KPOP fandom. Their cute dance move from "Cheer Up" became something that almost all fans could recognize which threw them into their rise in popularity. TWICE consists of 3 Japanese members, 1 Taiwanese, and 5 Korean members. Although they've debuted just two years ago, they're already one of the highest selling K-pop girl groups of all-time.

8. Red Velvet

9. f(x)

10.  2NE1

cr: allkpop

Blackpink, TWICE, and RV are all there! It's beautiful!! :mm-wow:

I wonder what "influential" means in this list and if it's all time or not, since Fin.K.L and S.E.S. are on the list. Not throwing shade, they just haven't been active so I'm wondering.

Edited by katzenlibrary
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, katzenlibrary said:

I wonder what "influential" means in this list and if it's all time or not, since Fin.K.L and S.E.S. are on the list. Not throwing shade, they just haven't been active so I'm wondering.

it's probably who had the most impact in the kpop scene all throughout the years both Fin.K.L and S.E.S. paved the way for girl groups since girl groups are not as popular back then as it is now.

• Upvote 1

Awards

As expected from allkpop, they left the other girl groups too in the history of K-Pop.  Who comes up with these shenanigan articles anyways?  :mm-wut:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Awards

On 06/10/2017 at 12:50 AM, katzenlibrary said:

Visualize …

What does the term Korean Girl Group mean. 

That is what is meant by most influential girls groups. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Emperor Ryu said:

Plus many more girl groups before them.  :ny-tt::jy-tt::mm-tt::sn-tt::jh-tt::mn-tt::dh-tt::cy-tt::ty-tt:

Yeah ... RV ... BP and TWICE are ... of course they are best ... but I think they need a little more time 

12 hours ago, Sudipto said:

Yeah ... RV ... BP and TWICE are ... of course they are best ... but I think they need a little more time 

I was thinking along the lines of re-editing all of these "biased" articles about influential girl groups to include the rest of artists not mentioned.  :sn-ay:

• Like 1

Awards

Bruh, i know better than to trust allkpop for this kind of thing. Still, my 2 favorite GG is on the list so, all good!

Awards

:dh-nice:

On 3/4/2018 at 3:07 PM, tiara2yeon said:

little bit surprising to see blackpink there when 4minute, KARA and after school aren't there

IKR?

• Like 1

Awards