News Ticker
  • TEAM TWICE 3.0 <3
TendyLoops

[DISCUSSION] For fanboys only

I don't really understand this mindset. Surely it would be more gay for a dude to follow boy groups? :mm-wut:

On 13/11/2017 at 7:23 AM, Beanie said:

Before I begin with my post, let me just apologize if anything sounds off, since English is not my first language and all. :ny-lol:

Well.... That mindset is pretty outdated to be honest. Besides, what's so wrong about being gay anyway? I think the root of this mindset is how society tends to view masculinity, and how they expect men to conform to this view. This pressures men to become "manly", to think that men aren't supposed to cry, or like things that are considered feminine, because once they deviate from this expectation, their "manliness" may be questioned. Some may even resort to overcompensating by... Doing what OP stated above. This isn't healthy at all.

I think the best solution is to ignore what these people say, and carry on with your life. It's easier said than done, but worrying about what other people say is not going to do you any good in the long run. :sn-pew:

Are you sure English isn't your first language? Because looks fine to me. :ty-notbad:

I always wonder would we be the same as our parents in the future when we hate our children's music or don't particularly enjoy it. Would that be the same for our love for kpop. 

The I don't want to lose my love for new kpop songs in the future coz right now it's only reason i am still here

Edited by Minachan

Awards

i think it's getting more and more accepted these days because kpop is already mainstream But yea, people still judge that's how it goes.:sn-shy:

Edited by viii

On 11/13/2017 at 4:23 PM, A.Moguri said:

Try living in SG. LOLS.

^

here in sg you get judged for everything . its just the mentality of the people here and im sure theres people like this in other parts of the world as well . when i first started to open up about the fact that i stan kpop , i get teased in school like every single day for example 'hey can i join u guys for basketball ? ' 'lol nah just go and watch your kpop' ... ive been called gay plenty of times too but remember what tzuyu said 

Image result for tzuyu when you meet bad people

11 minutes ago, jpuff said:

^

here in sg you get judged for everything . its just the mentality of the people here and im sure theres people like this in other parts of the world as well . when i first started to open up about the fact that i stan kpop , i get teased in school like every single day for example 'hey can i join u guys for basketball ? ' 'lol nah just go and watch your kpop' ... ive been called gay plenty of times too but remember what tzuyu said 

Image result for tzuyu when you meet bad people

Omggg jpuff hiii <3

Just now, Phebe said:

Omggg jpuff hiii <3

ohh annyeong !!

Best way to handle "it" is to ignore them. I've been trying to fit people's judgement but after a really long time i started to realize that they do nothing to my life, they aren't going to pay for my life or doing anything for me so i should stop listening to them. The only one you should listen to is your best friend and family, because they are the one who will always be there to help you. (and they will never judge you for your preference)

In southeast asia, like the other members have said, the people are stereotyping and judgemental no matter what you say and trying to prove they will always have something to judge about so you shouldn't thinking too much about their words and just live your life as you see fit~ 

What's wrong with loving girly stuff? they are cute and attractive! what's wrong with kpop? they sounds good and full of good looking stars. Just try to find the positive sides and ignore them! 

Cheer up!!! :power-up:

Well for me, i simply say that i like beautiful girls, and they are so damn beautiful, therefore i like them. I didn't mention music and all, just their faces and body is enough to shut them :sn-lol:. That usually ended that kind of argument, or at least for me. Actually it is even weirder about anime, where nowadays boys like an anime with girls, and girls like anime with boys, when back then, it is the opposite, but it''s not like that is embarrassing, every person have their own liking, like others said, just ignore if you don't want to argue.

Well here in PH you will be judged by not only being a fanboy, you'll also be judged by being a fan of kpop. From what I've observed, I encountered many fanboys who were not shy in showing that they are fans to the point that they dance and play Likey and Heart Shaker. It's a good thing that more fanboys are coming out, but judgemental people are still unavoidable 'cause people tend to hate on someone/something famous. Just ignore them, their words will not define who you are. 

Ahhh I don't wanna talk about this... Still...

In my country people hates kpop ... Out of those who likes 5-6k people 90% are girls.. And if you follow kpop you can be called gay pretty easily.. though no one called me... But it's hard... People don't understand at all how much we love our fandom... They just laugh at us... My cousin who used to be my closet... Always supported and helped me who I'm ... is now currently blocked by me... I thought she will always understand me but... I was wrong .. She was laughing at me when I was so broke after hearing the death news of Jonghyun ... It's not only her ... everyone... It's hard.. You won't get any respect or love anything... Kinda alone... May be that's why I love TTF so much :') and I become clingy...

Edited by Sudipto

On 12/31/2017 at 5:39 AM, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

I don't really understand this mindset. Surely it would be more gay for a dude to follow boy groups? :mm-wut:

Are you sure English isn't your first language? Because looks fine to me. :ty-notbad:

This.

I'm from the PH as well, gladly I have not met anyone discriminating one Male person from listening or collecting stuff from girl groups... It would be weird if a grown man like me though to collect pictures of boy groups if you ask me... no hate, not saying it's wrong, no judgments... just weird, that's all...

My friend and I have collected albums per albums of our favored KPOP group and have not seen anyone bat an eye when we buy it nor when we browse around... I listen to CN Blue as well together with my niece, their music is awesome too! (guess because their melody is almost as catchy as an opening song of an anime or a video game).

Catchy tunes to the genre of Pop is easy on the ears and well tbh it brings stress levels and anxiety down most of the time, so listening to Twice's songs is a perfect dose of medicine to a lonely heart and a trouble mind.

So if you have friends, relatives or just people around you discriminating, judging or making fun of you, just ignore them, listen to the music of those that bring you joy, spread the peace and harmony it bring you, and you will have no enemies, no stress, no hate, no anxiety, and just pure awesomeness!

:satzu-hug:

On 13/11/2017 at 7:44 AM, TendyLoops said:

Here in my country, there's a mindset that if you were seeing idols that doesn't really fit in your sexual preferences, you will be judged. For example if you are a boy and you were watching girly stuffs then they will now think you are gay. so how do you deal with these type of people?

In my country is the same, even if you are playing with dolls or stuff you are gay when that is a non-sense... Also here the people is racist with K-pop, they doesn't call it music just because is in Korean and not English/Spanish. When I was younger this annoyed me so much but now I ignore 'em all. :ny-yes:

Awards

Actually it is normal for any boys and girls to like idols (girl groups and boy groups)... In my condition, maybe it just my feeling, but I feel sometimes people around me will tease me if they know I like a Korean girl group because of my age. But for me, well just be myself and ignoring other people negative thinking

On 11/13/2017 at 4:36 PM, A.Moguri said:

Judgement is really strong in SG. LOLS.

YES! Lol..

My friends have been judging me since I like SNSD, and now Twice :mn-pout:

They will be like "Don't you have better things to do?" "How old are you, dude, why are you still liking this kind of stuff?" "Stop watching their MV, watch soccer, loser!" :mn-eh:

Seriously! What's wrong with listening to Kpop! What's wrong with liking a girl's group member? They even threw away my Mina's card that I put in my phone case, they thought it was fun... But I was offended! Haha, since then, I seldom join their chill night :mn-peace:

3 hours ago, Minari.Jc said:

YES! Lol..

They will be like "Don't you have better things to do?" "How old are you, dude, why are you still liking this kind of stuff?" "Stop watching their MV, watch soccer, loser!" :mn-eh:

Seriously! What's wrong with listening to Kpop! What's wrong with liking a girl's group member? They even threw away my Mina's card that I put in my phone case, they thought it was fun... But I was offended! Haha, since then, I seldom join their chill night :mn-peace:

Honestly, I don't really care if someone judges me cause i like kpop. Some people like some things while some people do not.

It is like me saying that i feel people watching soccer are wasting their time (no offense to soccer lovers) watching 22 people chasing a ball. However, i don't go around telling people that "Hey, whats the point of watching 22 people chasing a ball for 2 hours? Its just retarded." I know that some people like soccer and I don't flame them for it because of something i don't understand. In fact, if people talk soccer to me, i would just have a casual chat on it even though i don't know much about it. Everything is a personal view towards a subject and if narrow minded people cannot accept it, then just leave them be.

On a side note, good thing most of my friends are understanding.

20 hours ago, Minari.Jc said:

They even threw away my Mina's card that I put in my phone case, they thought it was fun... But I was offended! Haha, since then, I seldom join their chill night :mn-peace:

OOOOOOOHHH, @Picapict would've become a murderer, lol.

As a fangirl, tbh most girls in the USA (or at least in Chicago) are fans of BTS and other boy groups. Even if they liked a girl group, the closest group they would like would be Blackpink because other groups like Twice, G-Friend, SNSD, etc are too "cute". It's more common for girls to like boy groups, and boys to like girl groups (but the boys around here don't care for kpop that much tho). :mn-pout:

My parents don't like how much time I spend on kpop, but only because I've started procrastinating on my homework :dh-heh:

Everyone that knows me thinks I'm gay, which is the last thing they think I would be because my parents are Asian. Idc anymore tho, bc I am gay :ny-lol:

On 12/30/2017 at 4:39 PM, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

Are you calling me lesbian because I'm a girl and I follow girl groups? :sn-shock:

Spoiler

Not offended at all tho, I am pretty lesbian tbh, I've been going as lesbian since 2014, someone just changed my mind recently so :sn-lol:

8 minutes ago, optzumistic said:

Everyone that knows me thinks I'm gay, which is the last thing they think I would be because my parents are Asian. Idc anymore tho, bc I am gay :ny-lol:

GAY CLUB

19 hours ago, A.Moguri said:

Honestly, I don't really care if someone judges me cause i like kpop. Some people like some things while some people do not.

It is like me saying that i feel people watching soccer are wasting their time (no offense to soccer lovers) watching 22 people chasing a ball. However, i don't go around telling people that "Hey, whats the point of watching 22 people chasing a ball for 2 hours? Its just retarded." I know that some people like soccer and I don't flame them for it because of something i don't understand. In fact, if people talk soccer to me, i would just have a casual chat on it even though i don't know much about it. Everything is a personal view towards a subject and if narrow minded people cannot accept it, then just leave them be.

On a side note, good thing most of my friends are understanding.

Not everyone have the same mindset as ours. I don't judge about others' preferences too. There must be a reason for them to like it, so even I don't like it, I don't judge. 

I even shouted "goal" with my friends when watching soccer, even though I don't really understand about it, haha! 

2 hours ago, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

I almost kill them because of that too, lol! 

@Picapict Inform me when you going to kill them, I will bring my popcorn over :mn-hehe:

On 1/30/2018 at 9:26 AM, Minari.Jc said:

YES! Lol..

They're just stupid, forgive them and let them have their talk, They'll tiring out themself if you ignore them.

But to throw away your belonging, they're a little too much

and

15 hours ago, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

THEY DARE TO THROW AWAY MINA PRECIOUS PHOTO CARD! THIS IS TOO MUCH. MAY GOD THROW THEM AWAY TO THE DEEPEST HELL