News Ticker
  • TEAM TWICE 3.0 <3

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sacheol-21stC

[INFO] Twice to be featured in NHK’s ‘Kohaku’: reports

Twice to be featured in NHK’s ‘Kohaku’: reports

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20171115

K-pop group Twice will appear on Japanese broadcaster NHK’s annual “Year-end Song Festival,” also known as “Kohaku Uta Gassen.”

Japanese media outlets including Nikkan Sports reported Wednesday that the K-pop group had decided to appear on “Kohaku” and that NHK would make an official announcement Thursday.

It will mark the first appearance of a K-pop group on the Japanese year-end show in six years. In 2011, Kara, Girls’ Generation and TVXQ were featured on the show.

The nine-piece group, which includes Japanese and Taiwanese members, made its Japanese debut in June with “#TWICE,” a compilation album that contains past hits such as “Cheer Up” and “TT” in both Japanese and Korean.

“#Twice” was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of Japan for selling more than 250,000 copies. The group’s next release in Japan, “One More Time,” was also certified platinum by the association.

By Kim So-yeon (syk19372@heraldcorp.com)

cr: KPOPHERALD

Confirmation.

http://www1.nhk.or.jp/kouhaku/artist/

TWICE will customary be in the Red group (for ladies), alongside the likes of AKB48, E-girls, Superfly(one of Mina's admired Japanese singer) and Perfume among many others.

Just a little info about this event: This is like the biggest music show in Japan with around 50% of the whole population watching. It only happens once a year (last day of the year aka December 31) and you can only perform there when you're invited. They have a concept of Shirogumi (White Team, composed of all male artists) vs Akagumi (Red Team, composed of all female artists). So I guess that means Twice is in Akagumi with AKB48, Keyakizaka46 and Nogizaka46! Yasssssssss, my faves in one team >.< 

Only people who has made it big gets invited, most artists take YEARS to get an invitation there so I was surprised when they announce Twice was going when they only promoted in Japan for a while. I'm sure Mina, Momo and Sana must be freaking out xD they 101% probably know how big of an event that is. It would be great publicity for them and I honestly think they're gonna perform TT.

@Alex97

Thanks for the above narrative. Foreign acts rarely get invited to this festival. From South Korea: TVXQ, SNSD, KARA, BoA, Cho Yongpil, Lee Jonghyun and Lim Hyungjoo(classical).

Actress Kasumi Arimura leads the Red team, while Arashi member Kazunari Ninomiya leads the White team.

Red team also includes Kana Nishino, Ringo Sheena, Ai and Mai Kuraki, while White team boosts Arashi, X-Japan, Kanjani8, Sekai no Owari, Tokio, Ken Hirai, Masaharu Fukuyama and Yuzu.

@Jokballet

Mina is meeting Superfly in person, while Chaeyoung will meet up with AKB48. Both Momo and Sana's idol Namie Amuro shall not participate(and is retiring soon) while Jungyeon's One Ok Rock band misses out as well.

7 hours ago, Alex97 said:

Just a little info about this event: This is like the biggest music show in Japan with around 50% of the whole population watching. It only happens once a year (last day of the year aka December 31) and you can only perform there when you're invited. They have a concept of Shirogumi (White Team, composed of all male artists) vs Akagumi (Red Team, composed of all female artists). So I guess that means Twice is in Akagumi with AKB48, Keyakizaka46 and Nogizaka46! Yasssssssss, my faves in one team >.< 

Only people who has made it big gets invited, most artists take YEARS to get an invitation there so I was surprised when they announce Twice was going when they only promoted in Japan for a while. I'm sure Mina, Momo and Sana must be freaking out xD they 101% probably know how big of an event that is. It would be great publicity for them and I honestly think they're gonna perform TT.

And also the rating for this is usually 80% or above, the lowest it has ever been is 50 or 60% iirc, and yeah, considering they are only half a year old in Japan makes it even more surprising :mm-wow:

Just now, sacheol-21stC said:

@Alex97

Thanks for the above narrative. Foreign acts rarely get invited to this festival. From South Korea: TVXQ, SNSD, KARA, BoA, Cho Yongpil, Lee Jonghyun and Lim Hyungjoo(classical).

Actress Kasumi Arimura leads the Red team, while Arashi member Kazunari Ninomiya leads the White team.

Red team also includes Kana Nishino, Ringo Sheena, Ai and Nai Kuraki, while White team boosts Arashi, X-Japan, Kanjani8, Sekai no Owari, Tokio, Ken Hirai, Masaharu Fukuyama and Yuzu.

@Jokballet

Mina is meeting Superfly in person, while Chaeyoung will meet up with AKB48. Both Momo and Sana's idol Namie Amuro shall not participate(and is retiring soon) while Jungyeon's One Ok Rock band misses out as well.

Chaeng is AKB48 fan? :cy-omo:It must be an honor to them to be invited in such big event and meeting their idol especially J-Line :cy-lol:

TWICE To Be First Korean Artist In 6 Years To Appear On Famous Japanese Year-End Show

TWICE4.jpg

TWICE has been confirmed to appear on Japan’s historic New Year’s Eve music show Kōhaku Uta Gassen, which literally translates to Red and White Song Battle.

On November 16, Japanese broadcasting network NHK announced that TWICE will be the only Korean artist at its 68th annual music festival this year, marking the first time in six years that a Korean artist will attend. Additionally, TWICE is the first K-pop artist to appear on the show the same year that they debuted in Japan.

Speaking at a press conference for the event, the TWICE members remarked, “It’s an honor to be able to appear on Kōhaku Uta Gassen so soon after our Japanese debut. As it hasn’t been long since we debuted, we want to use the opportunity to let more people to know about us.”

Sana added, “Kōhaku Uta Gassen is a spectacular broadcast that I watched with my family ever since I was little, and I had hoped that TWICE would be able to perform there. I’m looking forward to seeing other singers who are promoting in Japan and be inspired to work harder.”

Kōhaku Uta Gassen airs on December 31 each year on NHK, Japan’s largest public broadcast network. The music show has enjoyed immense popularity during its long run of 68 years, with its highest recorded ratings at 81 percent. The historic festival has now become something of a tradition in Japan, with many families watching the show together as they welcome the new year. Japanese singers who will be attending this year’s broadcast include AKB48, Arashi, X Japan, Keyakizaka46, Nogizaka46, and Kanjani Eight.

The last time a Korean artist attended Kōhaku Uta Gassen was in 2011 when Girls’ Generation, TVXQ, and KARA all performed at the show.

TWICE’s first original Japanese single “One More Time” has already been certified platinum since its release less than a month ago, having sold more than 250,000 copies. The group also set records with its Japanese debut in June, achieving the highest first-week album sales of any K-pop artist from 2016 to July 2017.

Congratulations to TWICE!

Source (1) (2)

cr: soompi

1 hour ago, Jokballet said:

Chaeng is AKB48 fan? :cy-omo:It must be an honor to them to be invited in such big event and meeting their idol especially J-Line :cy-lol:

Tbh when I read that a few months ago, in my head she probably picked AKB cause she doesn't know that much Japanese acts when asked hwo her favorite act was xD But if its real, then I'm glad for her xDD

9 hours ago, Alex97 said:

wooow didn't know abt this :cy-fluffy:

Awards

29 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

Tbh when I read that a few months ago, in my head she probably picked AKB cause she doesn't know that much Japanese acts when asked hwo her favorite act was xD But if its real, then I'm glad for her xDD

Oh she said that on an interview? Yeah probably because she doesn't know other group other than AKB:dh-heh:But if she really is a fan of AKB, then she is just like Mina, successful fan:cy-lol:

56 minutes ago, Jokballet said:

Oh she said that on an interview? Yeah probably because she doesn't know other group other than AKB:dh-heh:But if she really is a fan of AKB, then she is just like Mina, successful fan:cy-lol:

Yup, they were asked individually which Japanese acts they liked the most and she answered AKB.

• Jeongyeon - One Ok Rock
  • Momo - Namie Amuro
  • Sana - Namie Amuro
  • Mina - Superfly
  • Chaeyoung - AKB48
  • Tzuyu - Piko Taro
  • *Nayeon, Jihyo & Dahyun - don't know anyone lel

Now that I look at it again, maybe she does like AKB, since she could've just said she doesn't know anyone, but we'll never know xD

1 hour ago, Alex97 said:

Yup, they were asked individually which Japanese acts they liked the most and she answered AKB.

• Jeongyeon - One Ok Rock
  • Momo - Namie Amuro
  • Sana - Namie Amuro
  • Mina - Superfly
  • Chaeyoung - AKB48
  • Tzuyu - Piko Taro
  • *Nayeon, Jihyo & Dahyun - don't know anyone lel

Now that I look at it again, maybe she does like AKB, since she could've just said she doesn't know anyone, but we'll never know xD

Ya maybe she really like AKB even tho not a fan, but Tzuyu tho :sn-lol:Jeongyeon have a nice taste :ny-yes:Thanks for the info btw 

Tentative broadcast times:

NHK G(TV) and NHK Radio 1(radio) - Japan

December 31st, 2017 (from 19:15 to 23:45 JST) (5 minute break for news)

1st Half: 1h40min
2nd Half: 2h45min

TV Japan - US ,around 15:10 (Eastern Time)

NHK World Premium - outside Japan (except US), starting at 10:15 UTC (the same time as the NHK-G broadcast.)

(The Japan Times) Twice and Daichi Miura among 10 debuts at this year’s ‘Kohaku

c-smith-kohaku-a-20171117-870x490.jpg

Set the date: Pop group Twice will make its debut at this year's 'Kohaku Uta Gassen' on NHK, the first time K-pop will be represented there since 2011. | LEE YOUNG HO/SIPA USA

Pop outfits Little Glee Monster, Hey! Say! Jump and Twice will grace the stage for the first time at this year’s “Kohaku Uta Gassen,” with NHK appearing to court new viewers for its annual end-of-year musical extravaganza.

Other artists making “Kohaku” debuts include singers Midori Oka, Daichi Miura and Tortoise Matsumoto (in his first solo appearance), and rock acts Shishamo, Elephant Kashimashi, Wanima and Takehara Pistol.

Enka singer Hiroshi Itsuki will be the night’s veteran, with 46 appearances already under his belt, while Sayuri Ishikawa is set to mark her 40th appearance.

“Kohaku Uta Gassen,” which translates loosely as the “Red and White Song Battle,” began as a radio program in 1951. Male and female acts are split into two teams — White and Red, respectively — to battle it out for votes from a panel of judges and viewers. NHK has also announced it will continue to use last year’s theme, “Yume o Utao” (“Let’s Sing a Dream”), through 2019 in the lead up to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Ratings have dropped since “Kohaku” hit its prime in 1963, when the show earned a staggering 81.4 percent of viewership. Ratings based on the show’s second half in the Kanto area show viewership at 40. 2 percent last year and 39.2 percent the year before.

The weekly Shukan Bunshun released a survey this month that said people were sick of boy bands dominating the show — but their complaints weren’t reflected in this year’s lineup. That survey also named singer Namie Amuro as the top choice among performers that viewers hoped they’d see, as she is set to retire from showbiz next year. However, the 40-year-old pop star’s name was not on the roster, a fact that led her fans to voice their displeasure on social media.

This year’s team leaders, or hosts, are “Sekigahara” actress Kasumi Arimura for the Red team and Arashi member Kazunari Ninomiya for the White team.

“Kohaku Uta Gassen” airs on NHK on Dec. 31 from 7:15 p.m. to 11:45 p.m.

cr: The Japan Times

aramajapan.com-nhk-amuro-fixw-640-hq.jpg

Namie Amuro to Perform at the 68th NHK Kohaku Uta Gassen

Many have been hoping for it, and today NHK confirmed: Namie Amuro will be performing at this year’s Kohaku Uta Gassen! This will be Namie’s first Kohaku appearance since 2003. This will be Namie’s tenth and final appearance on Kohaku, given that she is retiring next September.

Namie will be performing on the show as a special singer. It was not stated what she will sing during her Kohaku swan song.

Source

cr: aramajapan

She shall be performing for around 20mins from a dedicated studio.

Source

Main hosts and team leaders

Mediators

Teruyoshi Uchimura
    Maho Kuwako

Team Leaders

AKAGUMI: Kasumi Arimura
    SHIROGUMI: Kazunari Ninomiya (Arashi)

Live Comments

Announcer NHK Radio 1: Tomoko Kogou, Naoki Ninomiya
    PR, Commentary ("Ura Talk Channel"): Bananaman, Ai Tsukahara
    Live Stream ("Back Stage Talk"): Naomi Watanabe

Judges

Hifumi Katō (former shogi player)
    Ryohei Suzuki (actor), will star in Segodon
    Issei Takahashi (actor), played Ono Masatsugu in Onna jōshu Naotora
    Mariko Hayashi, the original author of Segodon
    Nobuko Miyamoto (actress), appeared in Hiyokko
    Mai Murakami (artistic gymnasts)
    Ryōta Murata (boxer)
    Riho Yoshioka (actress)

Live Music Performance

Oomisoka Ongakutai (Conductor: Nobuo Kurita)

Special Guests

Shunichi Tokura ("Hotaru no Hikari" conductor)
    Namie Amuro
    Keisuke Kuwata

December 31, 2017
19:15 – 23:45 JST
(5 minute break for news)

Running time     

1st Half: 1h40min
2nd Half: 2h45min

Performance Order (Numbered accordingly, with the performing song) - I shall write down Red Team's list only, since it involves TWICE.

Red Team (1st Part)

2.  Little Glee Monster,  "Suki da" ~Yume o Utaō ver.~

4.  E-girls,  "Love ☆ Queen"

5.  SHISHAMO,  "Ashita mo" ~Kōhaku 2017 ver.~

7.  Ai x Naomi Watanabe,   "Kirakira"

9.  Midori Oka,  "Sado no Yūbue"

11.   Yukino Ichikawa,  "Jinsei Ichiro"

14.   Yoshimi Tendo,   "Dōtonbori Ninjō"

16.  Mai Kuraki,  "Togetsukyo (Kimi Omou)"

17.  Twice,   "TT (Japanese Ver.)"

19.   Kaori Mizumori,    "Hayatomo no Seto"

21.   Aya Shimazu,   "The Rose"

Red Team (2nd Part)

23.   Keyakizaka46,  "Fukyōwaon"

26.   Fuyumi Sakamoto,  "Otoko no Hi Matsuri"

27.   Kana Nishino,  "Pa!"

30.   Nogizaka46,  "Influencer"

31.   Seiko Matsuda,    "Atarashii Ashita"

33. (Duet)  Ringo Sheena & Tortoise Matsumoto,  "The Main Street"

34.   Perfume,   "Tokyo Girl"

36.   AKB48,    "Shichō-sha ga Eranda Yume no Kōhaku" SP Medley

38.  Takako Matsu,    "Ashita wa Dokokara"

40.   Superfly,  "Yume o Kome Hanataba o"

42.   Mariko Takahashi,   "For You..."

44.   Sayuri Ishikawa,   "Tsugaru Kaikyō Fuyugeshiki"

"Hotaru no Hikari" (Ending theme, conducted by Shunichi Tokura)

cr: http://www.nhk.or.jp/kouhaku/artist/

(The Japan Times)  Namie Amuro saves ‘Kohaku’ … for now

by Patrick ST. Michel

Contributing Writer

p11-st.-michel-kohaku-a-20171229-870x622

The weekly Shukan Bunshun released a survey in early November highlighting the acts its readers wanted to see perform on NHK’s yearend “Kohaku Uta Gassen” music program. They chose Namie Amuro as the artist they wanted to see the most, likely because she announced her plans to retire from the entertainment business in September next year.

When NHK first announced the lineup for the 68th edition of the New Year’s Eve show, Amuro’s name wasn’t on the list. But fans got their wish last week when NHK revealed the singer would take part in the spectacle after all.

Amuro’s inclusion has given “Kohaku” the kind of buzz it needs in the run-up to its broadcast. Ratings for the show have been slipping year after year, and other programs have proven to be entertaining alternatives to NHK’s musical tradition — this year, you can watch Bob Sapp wrestle a bear on TBS, how can Arashi top that!? Despite the apparent dip in relevance, though, people still seem to care about who ends up making the “Kohaku” cut — even if they don’t tune in.

The biggest gripe against the show is that the same people appear every year. The Shukan Bunshun poll also asked who readers would like to see axed completely from the lineup, and groups from the Johnny’s & Associates management stable (Arashi, Sexy Zone) ranked high, as did AKB48. Those acts will all grace the stage this year.

But regulars aside, this year’s lineup actually has the components of a great show, even if they aren’t obvious. Amuro’s scheduled appearance provides the big news hook that could bring in casual viewers, and the rest of the roster features newer artists geared toward younger viewers: K-pop group Twice should help bring in the teen girl demographic, while rock bands Wanima and Shishamo cater to the 20-something crowd.

Even with the right names on board, though, “Kohaku” still faces some challenges in how people watch the show. How do I watch it? With expat Twitter and a healthy heaping of snarky tweets, thank-you. And that goes to show how a genuinely viral moment could turn the show into must-see TV again. I’m not expecting Madonna and Britney to kiss, a la the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards — “Kohaku” plays it safe at the risk of offending older viewers. But that means performances can be a bit bland — we don’t even have Sachiko Kobayashi’s flamboyant costumes to look forward to anymore!

Also looming large is a TV landscape in which viewers can choose when they want to watch shows, whether its via DVR, a streaming service or even YouTube. Take Nippon TV’s “Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende!,” the show that competes with “Kohaku” for ratings. This comedy special, which is heavy on punishment games, allows all previous years of the program to be seen on Hulu, while fans have uploaded memorable moments (or entire specials) to YouTube. Now that’s a show with a life beyond one night. “Kohaku” should take note, Amuro can’t retire every year.

cr: The Japan Times

Omg this post is so wiseful in terms of knowing some facts that I had no idea they were a thing,  thank you so much for making this post :mm-wow: I'm mega excited for mina as she is gonna meet her idol :mn-gasp:

I'm so happy for TWICE and everything they've achieved this year, is super crazy to think that they haven't been a year in the scene and they are such a legends, so many records and they are pretty much carrying themselves whole JYP! :jy-stress:

Awards