News Ticker
  • TEAM TWICE 3.0 <3
TWICE's Pet Gerbil

[JEONGYEONIST/POLL] Jeongyeon or Jungyeon?

The most trivial poll ever created  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which spelling?

• Jungyeon
    • Jeongyeon

Jeongyeon. I like to go with the original, actual way of writing/saying their names. Unless of course, it's a phonetic spelling of a foreign name. Like Tzuyu. I have to go with that since she's promoting in Korea as Tzuyu and everyone knows her as Tzuyu.

On 01/03/2018 at 11:43 PM, SwedishFish said:

Jeongyeon. I like to go with the original, actual way of writing/saying their names. Unless of course, it's a phonetic spelling of a foreign name. Like Tzuyu. I have to go with that since she's promoting in Korea as Tzuyu and everyone knows her as Tzuyu.

I think you're confused. :mm-wut: The original, actual way of writing/saying her name is "정연". Both "Jungyeon" and "Jeongyeon" are just different ways of spelling it in the Latin alphabet. And "Tzuyu" is not really a phonetic spelling. "Tzuyu" is her actual Taiwanese name and that's how she romanises it herself. Tzuyu's name is actually pronounced "Jjewi" in Korean and that's how pretty much everyone there seems to call her.

I can't even spell Jungyeon, so it's Jeongyeon for me. I also like it more.

Awards

2 hours ago, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

I think you're confused. :mm-wut: The original, actual way of writing/saying her name is "정연". Both "Jungyeon" and "Jeongyeon" are just different ways of spelling it in the Latin alphabet. And "Tzuyu" is not really a phonetic spelling. "Tzuyu" is her actual Taiwanese name and that's how she romanises it herself. Tzuyu's name is actually pronounced "Jjewi" in Korean and that's how pretty much everyone there seems to call her.

Actually you're right. I'm not even sure what I was trying to get at in the post I made before haha.

I think it more comes down to the English versus the Korean naming...cause I have has some issues looking up things in English with Jeongyeon versus jungyeon...the jungyeon came more prominent with the English speakers and Jeongyeon came up more prominent with Korean speakers:jyp-kappa:

Awards

Spell it right it's jeongyeon and it will always be :ny-sad:

Awards

On 4/5/2018 at 1:05 PM, maxix said:

Spell it right it's jeongyeon and it will always be :ny-sad:

:dh-smthing:

Awards

On 13/02/2018 at 3:53 PM, Pink Heart Shaker said:

For the sake of humanity, JEONGYEON!

SAME. Every time I see someone spell it like JungYeon I cringe and die a little on the inside

When I was into sixteen and when twice was new I called her jungyeon ,but now that I’ve been with twice for awhile I think it’s jeongyeon 

Awards

Jeongyeon cause you can't change an Angel's name :jy-cutie: