Welcome, Guest!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
TWICE's Pet Gerbil

[DISCUSSION/POLL] Whose name is your favourite?

Whose (full) name do you like the most?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Prettiest/coolest/awesomest name?

• Im Nayeon
    • Yoo Jeongyeon
    • Hirai Momo
    • Minatozaki Sana
    • Park Jihyo
    • Myoui Mina
    • Kim Dahyun
    • Son Chaeyoung
    • Chou Tzuyu
    • *I am indecisive and should stay away from polls*

This is kinda random, but there was a poll like this on Soshified so I thought: might as well have one for TWICE as well.

You probably don't often really think much about the aesthetics of a person's name, but it does happen occasionally, lol (at least for me, but I know I'm weird ;-;). For example, there are pianists/composers like Franz Xaver Scharwenka and Sviatoslav Richter who make me go "Wow, you know what? That's a really cool name."

I've also heard that Tzuyu's Mandarin name is considered really pretty by speakers of that language.

I'm hoping this doesn't just turn into a "choose your bias" poll, but for me it does happen to be the case that I like Sana's name the most. :sn-cutie:

It's that five-syllabled "Minatozaki" that does it for me. "Minatozaki Sana", it just rolls off the tongue so well.

For me it's between Minatozaki Sana, Myoui Mina and Chou Tzuyu, probably leaning Mina.

Awards

I like Mina’s full name the most, it’s the way Myoui Mina is spoken out so fluently with the alliteration and simple syllable count :mn-blush:

• Like 1

i can't really decide between Momo, Nayeon and Tzuyu.

Momo's and Tzuyu's name sound so good and if you speak Nayeon's Name in english it's really funny because it would be I'm Nayeon.

But i think i will pick Momo.

10 hours ago, Emperor Ryu said:

Our fearless leader once said, 'It's not your name that makes you great.  It's what you do in that name to become great.'  :twice-smile:

So you gonna pick an option or...? :ty-balloon:

2 hours ago, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

So you gonna pick an option or...? :ty-balloon:

Let him choose whatever. 
We can't force him to choose a proper answer.
:cy-lol:

14 hours ago, Emperor Ryu said:

A-L-L.  :twice-smile:  All.

In other words, the last option :lhl-lol:

It's just a poll about their names, dude, it has nothing to do with how much you like them personally...

12 hours ago, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

In other words, the last option :lhl-lol:

It's just a poll about their names, dude, it has nothing to do with how much you like them personally...

I like the way I said it.  :lhl-lol:

But I am choosing all of their names regardless.  :jyp-kappa:

Awards

I like Momo, Sana, Mina and Tzuyu.

My favorite has to be Momo's tho. Hirai Momo is personally very memorable for some reason:mm-heart:

5 minutes ago, optzumistic said:

I like Momo, Sana, Mina and Tzuyu.

My favorite has to be Momo's tho. Hirai Momo is personally very memorable for some reason:mm-heart:

The foreigner line  has cool names because they’re foreigner:ny-lol: :mm-jjang:

Awards

48 minutes ago, ひらい もも said:

The foreigner line  has cool names because they’re foreigner:ny-lol: :mm-jjang:

True:ty-lol:

Momo's name is too cute. Also really like Sana. Im Nayeon is also cool. Before I knew I kept thinking people were saying "I'm Nayeon" thinking many people were relatable to her.:ny-lol: 

They are all nice names really. :twice-smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrDespair said:

Im Nayeon is also cool. Before I knew I kept thinking people were saying "I'm Nayeon" thinking many people were relatable to her.:ny-lol: 

I'm Nayeon. Yoo Jeongyeon. :ny-lol::ny-lol:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

I'm Nayeon. Yoo Jeongyeon. :ny-lol::ny-lol:

Them being the first and second oldest makes it even more funny. :jy-jks::jy-flee:

Momo and Chewy for its cuteness! :mn-blush:
Minatozaki and Myoui for Japanese aesthetic name :mn-peace:
Park Jihyo for the name that she chooses by herself :ty-notbad:
Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung to mess your tongue xD :ty-lol:
Dahyun for how it fits her nickname 'Dubu' :3 :cy-fluffy:

and Nayeon, err...... :ny-hmm: It's just easy to pronounce :ny-cute:

Edited by Ahn Haeju

Awards

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By sacheol-21stC
      (News Focus) Oncoming summer to bring together K-pop girl bands for decisive face-off
      By Park Boram

SEOUL, June 20 (Yonhap) -- Summer is a high time for K-pop girl bands to dominate the Korean pop scene often claimed by their well-established male counterparts.

This summer, a wave of rising-star girl bands is aiming to claim the highly-competitive summer record market left open by the exit of a number of heavyweight girl groups last year.

The years 2016 and 2017 saw a string of successful, so-called second-generation girl groups disband, including Kara, 4minute, 2NE1 as well as Sistar and Wonder Girls.

Those groups debuted in the late 2000s and were the second generation of K-pop girl groups to garner international fame after their predecessors, the first generation girl bands, like S.E.S and Fin.K.L, pioneered the market in the late 1990s.

Two-year-old hip-hop group BLACKPINK, from YG Entertainment, is among the most prominent female acts looking to dominate the scene this oncoming season.

Returning from a one-year pause since their last single, the quartet dropped last week the EP "Square Up," led by title track "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du," a hip hop song with a trap beat.

This photo of BLACKPINK is provided by YG Entertainment. (Yonhap)
      The song produced by YG's in-house producer Teddy Park comes with an addictive refrain, "Hit you with that ddu-du ddu-du," and a finger gun dance that matches the shooting sound. The track features a powerful hip hop dance performance, highlighting the swagger of the rare K-pop female hip hop act.

One of the other tracks, "Forever Young," is a song fit to play against the summer backdrop. "I like 'Forever Young' the most. The more I listen, the more I like the song that brings back the mood of summer and a summer beach as well as a road trip," Thai member Lisa said in a press conference last week.

The latest record release was a rare big step for the girl band, who are nicknamed "YG's jewelry box" for their scarce supply of records and TV appearances.

Another successful girl band, TWICE, announced this week their return to the K-pop scene with summer-season dance music "Dance the Night Away," which is set for release on July 9.

This photo of TWICE is provided by JYP Entertainment. (Yonhap)
      The single is the first music release by the leading girl group of JYP Entertainment since its last well-performing EP, "What is Love?," unveiled in early April and a key test of whether TWICE will repeat its dominance of the summer record market last year with EP "Signal."

Also in the pipeline is female sextet Apink who is gearing up for the release of another EP featuring their trademark angelic image, "One & Six," on July 12.

The first record release since the group's last EP "Pink Up" a year earlier is likely to be a major test of whether the seven-year-old girl band can stand the test of time, which hit other big-name bands, like 2NE1 and Sistar, as well as the dormant Girls' Generation.

Group AOA came early to the summer K-pop scene, releasing its fifth EP, "Bingle Bangle," in late May as a six-member act following the departure of member Cho-a, with the title song of the new record, also "Bingle Bangle", registering as a moderate hit.

The sultry girl group season is also likely to bring out a string of other high-profile female names to the scene, including the fore-running Mamamoo and Red Velvet as well as new faces, like GFriend and Fromis 9.

That makes this summer a major barometer gauging the prospects for longevity of most of the current-generation girl groups following the key market shake-up last year, a local critic said.
      "Mamamoo and BLACKPINK, I think, have passed the test to some extent although BLACKPINK's chart-ranking songs -- 'Ddu-Du Ddu-Du' and 'Forever Young' -- did not show major progress from its last single 'As If It's Your Last,'" K-pop critic Lim Jin-mo said. "In contrast, Red Velvet's recent performances since 'Red Flavor' and 'Bad Boy' have been insipid."

"This summer season is going to be a sort of arena where the fate of the new-generation girl groups will be put to a test. Those who survive will stay on, but those who don't will not," he said.
      Lim cited "tight cohesiveness" among group members and their "musical competence" to appeal to the public as the two decisive factors shaping the K-pop scene for female acts this summer.
      pbr@yna.co.kr

(END)
      CR: Yonhap News Agency

• By TheKyeoptaBunnyNayeon
      Cr: Allywooshin_
      I MAKE BY MYSELF
    • By sacheol-21stC
      TWICE And More To Perform At KSTAR Korea Music Festival (KMF) 2018 (August 1st and 2nd)

2018 KOREA MUSIC FESTIVAL(コミュペ)チケット代行

■ 日程 ■
      2018年8月1日~8月2日

■ 出演者 ■
      ・8月1日
      Wanna One, TWICE, iKON, GOT7, N Flying, SF9, Stray Kids, 
      IMFACT, AOA, MAMAMOO, GUGUDAN, 9MUSES等

・8月2日
      SHINee, Seventeen, BTOB, VIXX, MONSTA X, NCT, PENTAGON, EXID, 
      BLACKPINK, A PINK, CLC, 宇宙少女, MOMOLAND(モモランド) 等

▼ご予約はこちら▼
      2018 KOREA MUSIC FESTIVAL(コミュペ)チケット代行
      Announcement from GT TOUR official website, TWICE will be performing at the KSTAR Korea Music Festival (KMF) 2018. Other performers include Wanna One, iKON, GOT7, N Flying, SF9, Stray Kids, IMFACT, AOA, MAMAMOO, Gugudan, 9MUSES on Day 1 (August 1st) and SHINee, Seventeen, BTOB, VIXX, MONSTA X, NCT, PENTAGON, EXID, BLACKPINK, Apink, CLC, WJSN(Cosmic Girls), MOMOLAND on Day 2 (August 2nd).
      Event: KSTAR Korea Music Festival (KMF) 2018
      Date:  Wednesday, August 1, 2018 ; Thursday, August 2, 2018
      Venue: Gocheok Sky Dome ( 430 Gyeongin-ro, Gocheok-dong, Guro-gu, Seoul, South Korea )
      Artists schedules:
      *Wednesday, August 1, 2018: Wanna One, TWICE, iKON, GOT7, N Flying, SF9, Stray Kids, IMFACT, AOA, MAMAMOO, Gugudan, 9MUSES
      *Thursday, August 2, 2018: SHINee, Seventeen, BTOB, VIXX, MONSTA X, NCT, PENTAGON, EXID, BLACKPINK, Apink, CLC, WJSN(Cosmic Girls), MOMOLAND
      *There is a possibility of change in artists' attendance without notice.
      Ticketing and reservation: GT Tour (KSTAR Korea Music Festival 2018) Booking website
      More information on KMF 2018 website / Instagram / Facebook and GT Tour Official website
      CR: GTTOUR