Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Recommended Posts

Hi all! I'm new, just got into twice a few weeks ago :) 2 different league of legends streamers I like used likey on their streams, so I just had to listen and now I'm hooked! Never really listened to k-pop before but I actually have some kind of distant Korean relatives but I'm gonna try and get them to help me learn about the country and the language :) Anyways, I'd have to say my bias is Nayeon, but Momo and Tzuyu aren't far behind! (Tzuyu singing the Likey chorus was godly in the part switch ohmygod bias wrecker)

Edited by NayeonSquirtle
Needed to add more info :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

23 minutes ago, RainbowFluffyPanda said:

was it boxbox? :ny-look:

Oh yeah, of course it was boxbox :P But Pokimane was the one who actually got me to listen when she made likey her song when someone subscribed lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

I know it was boxbox and Poki :sn-stare:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

1 minute ago, Momosey said:

I know it was boxbox and Poki :sn-stare:

Best league streamers tbh. But I barely play league, I'm actually new to that too, got into it when DisguisedToast moved in with Poki lol. I've gone on a very long trail of being kind of into things to reach twice (which I'm really into for once)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

2 minutes ago, NayeonSquirtle said:

Best league streamers tbh. But I barely play league, I'm actually new to that too, got into it when DisguisedToast moved in with Poki lol. I've gone on a very long trail of being kind of into things to reach twice (which I'm really into for once)

Don't you like LilyPichu or Scarra? 

I'm playing league of legends since season two so I'm really into this game... :ny-look: I need a life.

just jk I really love this game  :jy-jks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

2 minutes ago, Momosey said:

Don't you like LilyPichu or Scarra? 

I'm playing league of legends since season two so I'm really into this game... :ny-look: I need a life.

just jk I really love this game  :jy-jks:

I like Lily and Scarra and I follow them on twitch and watch them sometimes but I just can't get that into them for whatever reason lol :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Just now, NayeonSquirtle said:

I like Lily and Scarra and I follow them on twitch and watch them sometimes but I just can't get that into them for whatever reason lol :P

Well rip  :ny-tt:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Just now, Momosey said:

Well rip  :ny-tt:

I'm more of a hearthstone and overwatch player anyways, so I'm lucky to have the time to watch 2 league streamers ahaha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

1 minute ago, NayeonSquirtle said:

I'm more of a hearthstone and overwatch player anyways, so I'm lucky to have the time to watch 2 league streamers ahaha

I play both of these games but I pref overwatch, anyway I don't watch streamers oof :ny-lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Hello there chingu! Welcome to the happiest fandom of TWICE. See you around! :sn-shy:

 

btw. I am a League player too, in PH server. :ny-cute:

Edited by TendyLoops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome!! :dh-hi:

I've never been super interested in League of Legends for some reason, it's just never been my thing. But I heard from many people that it's really fun, so maybe one day I'll find enough time to play it! :ny-yes:

This is the best place ever, with super positive and nice people here! (not bragging at all) If you ever need help or have questions, feel free to ask the staff (actually ask anyone! everyone is extremely kind and patient around here)! Don't forget to read the rules and stuff too! :jh-1inamil:

Again, welcome!!! :cheer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read the rules first, my dear child!

If you have any questions about rules, privacy or personal information,
you can go 
here or you can PM me about it, I'll try to reply as quick as possible!

Don’t know how this place works? Do not fear! Go here for help!

If you have a question/suggestion for staff members, you can go here to ask them!

If you ever feel bored, all you have to do is go here and you can play some form games with other members!

Have amazing information about TWICE that you are dying to share with other people? You can do that here!
But make sure that your information hasn’t already been shown on another topic in TTF!

If you have any more questions, feel free to message a staff member!
:twice-hug:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are all so welcoming thank you all so much! :) I think my friends will be really happy I found this forum since I've been talking about twice pretty much non-stop since I found them a few weeks back ahahaha:ny-lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

5 minutes ago, NayeonSquirtle said:

You guys are all so welcoming thank you all so much! :) I think my friends will be really happy I found this forum since I've been talking about twice pretty much non-stop since I found them a few weeks back ahahaha:ny-lol:

How relatable.

Oh~ you live in Atlanta? My cousins used to live there. They're in college now so their parents (my uncle) moved away to somewhere, I don't really know where though, haha.

My cousins used to live near Usher actually.
I remember one of my cousin's was a huge fangirl of Justin Beiber and she heard he was at Usher's house and she wanted to break in.... I'll never forget that...
:jy-no:

I don't really have many good memories there, though. Houses are so nice and so cheap in Atlanta though!!!
Honestly, I live in a condo full of elders around me for one million dollars. I could have a huge mansion for that price in Atlanta!

Have you ever been anywhere else around the United States? I have a lot of family around the United States. I'm bored so I'll name all the states I've been to.
Connecticut, New York, Vermont, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Minnesota, Colorado and Michigan.
I wouldn't really consider my time in Michigan actually "being in Michigan", because I only stopped in Detroit because my plane needed to refuel on my way to Colorado.
I'm pretty sure that's it XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Phebe said:

How relatable.

Oh~ you live in Atlanta? My cousins used to live there. They're in college now so their parents (my uncle) moved away to somewhere, I don't really know where though, haha.

My cousins used to live near Usher actually.
I remember one of my cousin's was a huge fangirl of Justin Beiber and she heard he was at Usher's house and she wanted to break in.... I'll never forget that...
:jy-no:

I don't really have many good memories there, though. Houses are so nice and so cheap in Atlanta though!!!
Honestly, I live in a condo full of elders around me for one million dollars. I could have a huge mansion for that price in Atlanta!

Have you ever been anywhere else around the United States? I have a lot of family around the United States. I'm bored so I'll name all the states I've been to.
Connecticut, New York, Vermont, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Minnesota, Colorado and Michigan.
I wouldn't really consider my time in Michigan actually "being in Michigan", because I only stopped in Detroit because my plane needed to refuel on my way to Colorado.
I'm pretty sure that's it XD

My family does a lot of traveling since, well, it isn't much of a family since its really just me and my dad. But we've been on a couple roadtrips, one to California, one to Washington state, three to Florida, one to Ohio for Cedar Point cause I absolutely love amusement parks and a couple of road trips to see relatives up in Michigan. I've also been to New York City a couple of times. So yeah, we get around quite a bit lol. Unfortunately, never been outside the country. I'm hoping to take a gap year before college and visit some of Asia since I just find it absolutely magical. I've been saving up and learning the basics of languages like Korean, Japanese and Mandarin for a few years now. It's really a shame none of them were offered at my school and i had to take German instead :ny-tt:

Anyways sorry for divulging probably way too much there haha!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

14 minutes ago, NayeonSquirtle said:

My family does a lot of traveling since, well, it isn't much of a family since its really just me and my dad. But we've been on a couple roadtrips, one to California, one to Washington state, three to Florida, one to Ohio for Cedar Point cause I absolutely love amusement parks and a couple of road trips to see relatives up in Michigan. I've also been to New York City a couple of times. So yeah, we get around quite a bit lol. Unfortunately, never been outside the country. I'm hoping to take a gap year before college and visit some of Asia since I just find it absolutely magical. I've been saving up and learning the basics of languages like Korean, Japanese and Mandarin for a few years now. It's really a shame none of them were offered at my school and i had to take German instead :ny-tt:

Anyways sorry for divulging probably way too much there haha!

My dad lives in New York so I go there very often lel

I dropped out of language in my school since they only taught Spanish and French. I've been learning Japanese since :)
I think I may end up stopping Japanese and going to Korean, since it seems I may have a chance of training to be a K-Pop idol.
I need to lose weight though, lol.

Anyway, I'm much better with speaking languages than writing them.
I'm thinking of taking a semester of my senior year of high school in Japan. Not sure though, my mom has to look more into it.

Haha don't worry, I'm liking this conversation. ☆=(ゝω・)/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Phebe said:

I dropped out of language in my school since they only taught Spanish and French. I've been learning Japanese since :)
I think I may end up stopping Japanese and going to Korean, since it seems I may have a chance of training to be a K-Pop idol.
I need to lose weight though, lol.

Anyway, I'm much better with speaking languages than writing them.
I'm thinking of taking a semester of my senior year of high school in Japan. Not sure though, my mom has to look more into it.

Haha don't worry, I'm liking this conversation. ☆=(ゝω・)/

Well its good you're enjoying the conversation I guess :) Forums have always been a great place for me since I have social anxiety, its usually fine but sometimes it gets really bad so an online forum is really good for me to talk to other people lol. Like I've said, I'm a really new fan, but I'm looking to buy the Merry version of Merry & Happy from someone online, still looking for the best seller (since shipping from Korea is insane expensive) but I'm really excited to start buying stuff!!! But seriously, for the past few weeks I have dedicated myself to just watching all of twice's MVs and live performances and even a few of the shows on KBS (I think my friends think I'm a little crazy) but I'm really enjoying it. Twice is a nice departure from my typical emo/alternative/indie sob-fest music haha 

:ny-lol:

I'm not quite sure what else to say... I'm not very good at conversations lol. Not really used to this forum format either, I used to use actual forums but I've been using Reddit for like 2 years now and hadn't touched an actual forum liek this since. Kinda nostalgic, I've missed this lol :)

Edited by NayeonSquirtle
My formatting is terrible
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

1 minute ago, NayeonSquirtle said:

Well its good you're enjoying the conversation I guess :) Forums have always been a great place for me since I have social anxiety, its usually fine but sometimes it gets really bad so an online forum is really good for me to talk to other people lol. Like I've said, I'm a really new fan, but I'm looking to buy the Merry version of Merry & Happy from someone online, still looking for the best seller (since shipping from Korea is insane expensive) but I'm really excited to start buying stuff!!! But seriously, for the past few weeks I have dedicated myself to just watching all of twice's MVs and live performances and even a few of the shows on KBS (I think my friends think I'm a little crazy) but I'm really enjoying it. Twice is a nice departure from my typical emo/alternative/indie sob-fest music haha :ny-lol:

I'm not quite sure what else to say... I'm not very good at conversations lol. Not really used to this forum format either, I used to use actual forums but I've been using Reddit for like 2 years now and hadn't touched an actual forum liek this since. Kinda nostalgic, I've missed this lol :)

I have a K-Pop shop that's in LA if you wanna check it out, I buy most of my albums from here: http://www.choicemusicla.com/

Ohhhh you like emo music?? I was super emo back in 2015. I still remember a lot of the songs lol

Haha. Feel free to message me if you have any questions, I'm open to helping you with any situation :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Phebe said:

I have a K-Pop shop that's in LA if you wanna check it out, I buy most of my albums from here: http://www.choicemusicla.com/

Ohhhh you like emo music?? I was super emo back in 2015. I still remember a lot of the songs lol

Haha. Feel free to message me if you have any questions, I'm open to helping you with any situation :)

Well I've tried to evolve my taste in music from the emo stuff, but really its just kinda... grown instead of changed. So now I just have even more stuff to listen to, and its all so different lol. I have like 6 different 11-14 hr playlists, and theres still a ton of genre smashing. :P I'll def check out that store though! There's an actual physical k-pop store in Atlanta but unfortunately they don't carry very much twice stuff and there's no albums :(

Edit: They're out of stock on the Merry version :(

Edited by NayeonSquirtle
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Just now, NayeonSquirtle said:

Well I've tried to evolve my taste in music from the emo stuff, but really its just kinda... grown instead of changed. So now I just have even more stuff to listen to, and its all so different lol. I have like 6 different 11-14 hr playlists, and theres still a ton of genre smashing. :P I'll def check out that store though! There's an actual physical k-pop store in Atlanta but unfortunately they don't carry very much twice stuff and there's no albums :(

What kind of emo music do you listen to? I am obsessed with the Marina and The Diamonds. I can't stop. I know every single one of her songs by heart. I know some popular songs by My Chemical Romance, Panic! At the Disco, Set It Off, All Time Low, Get Scared, etc.

That sucks. My dad doesn't live too far away from Korea Town in New York but it's really bad to walk there in the really cold weather that we have right now. We went there a few days ago and I bought some K-Pop stuff :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By sacheol-21stC
      Industry Insiders Rank Most Influential People In Korean Music Industry

      Who are the most influential people in Korea’s music industry?
      In honor of their 33rd anniversary, news outlet Sports Seoul surveyed people 35 individuals from different agencies to figure out who are power people in various fields.
      The industry insiders were asked to rank the top three in each category. Getting voted as No. 1 yields 3 points, No. 2 yields 2 points, and No. 3 yields 1 point. Since 35 industry insiders participated in the survey, the highest amount of points possible for one team is 105 points.
      Check out the results below!
      Power People in the Industry
      1. BTS (62 points – No. 3 last year)
      2. Lee Soo Man (48 points – No. 1 last year)
      3. Bang Shi Hyuk (42 points)
      4. Yang Hyun Suk (8 points – No. 2 last year)
      4. Wanna One (8 points)
      BTS has proven to be a worldwide sensation with their success at the BBMAs and their latest album “LOVE YOURSELF 轉 Tear.” While Lee Soo Man didn’t get No. 1 this year, he remains a powerful person in the K-pop industry. Widely regarded as the founder of K-pop due to his work in producing first generation idol groups H.O.T and S.E.S, Lee Soo Man continues to be an important figure. As the producer behind BTS, Bang Shi Hyuk rose up to No. 3 with Yang Hyun Suk and Wanna One tying for fourth place.
       
      Best K-Pop Producer
      1. Bang Shi Hyuk (80 points – No. 1 last year)
      2. Lee Soo Man (40 points – No. 3 last year)
      3. Park Jin Young (31 points – No. 2 last year)
      4. Yang Hyun Suk (8 points)
      5. Teddy (6 points – No. 4 last year)
      5. Black Eyed Pilseung (6 points)
      Bang Shi Hyuk tops this ranking for the second year in a row. Due to his agency starting out with less capital and brand power compared to larger agencies, BTS’s success has been all the more impressive. Producers from the Big 3 follow him in the ranking with Teddy and Black Eyed Pilseung tied for No. 5.
       
      Best Male Idol
      1. BTS (98 points – No. 1 last year)
      2. Wanna One (50 points – No. 5 last year)
      3. EXO (41 points – No. 2 last year)
      4. BIGBANG (9 points – No. 3 last year)
      5. SEVENTEEN (4 points – No. 5 last year)
      BTS’s hold on the No. 1 spot is stronger this year. 31 out of 35 of the industry insiders surveyed picked BTS as No. 1. Wanna One has jumped up three spots from last year following increased popularity. EXO, BIGBANG, and SEVENTEEN round out the top 5 respectively.
       
      Best Female Idol

      1. TWICE (95 points – No. 1 last year)
      2. Red Velvet (50 points – No. 5 last year)
      3. BLACKPINK – (31 points – No. 3 last year)
      4. MAMAMOO (11 points)
      5. GFRIEND (7 points – No. 2 last year)
      TWICE also continues to hold the No. 1 ranking for the second year in a row. Within two years and six months since their debut, the group has eight title track hits. Red Velvet moved up three spots from their ranking last year reflecting their growth and increased popularity. BLACKPINK, MAMAMOO, and GFRIEND round out the top 5 respectively.
      What are your thoughts on these results?
      Source (1)
      CR: soompi
    • By sacheol-21stC
      Park Jin Young Discusses The Future Of JYP Entertainment And Changes They Will Undergo

      Park Jin Young, the founder of JYP Entertainment, recently participated in an event held by Spark Labs to discuss the future of the agency and how they hope to expand and adapt to the ever-changing industry.
      Bringing up the fact that JYP will be moving to a new building soon, Park Jin Young talked about four different ways that they will be changing how the company is run in order to be more efficient and adaptable, while also creating a healthy work environment. He called the change “JYP 2.0.”
      First, Park Jin Young talked about how they will be changing up how the company is run from a traditional format, in which there is one department that carries out a certain set of tasks, such as marketing or management, to different task forces that handle a single artist. He explained that two years ago, he tested out the new task force format with TWICE, and he found that things were faster and communication was better between the staff and the artists. Therefore, JYP will from now on be four different labels under the umbrella of JYP Entertainment, and all of the artists under JYP will be designated to a specific task force.
      The second strategy Park Jin Young discussed was “Globalization by localization.” He spoke of how bringing in Nichkhun to be a member of 2PM helped the group become a global group and connect more with fans around the world. Park Jin Young explained how JYP has continued to train non-Korean talents to be a part of JYP groups, and they will continue to expand and debut groups under their system with no Korean members. He explained that they recently debuted a Chinese group and are planning to debut a Japanese girl group in the future.
      The third plan was to create a “JYP Music Factory,” a large space that will help maintain the quality of music while increasing the artists quantity of music. The new facility will include nine dance studios, 18 vocal rooms, seven producing rooms, 11 recording booths, and two mixing rooms to give both established artists and trainees more resources to create more music.
      Finally, Park Jin Young spoke of “Creativity from happiness,” in which he discussed creating a good work environment for JYP’s employees. He talked about decreasing the number of maximum hours each person works at JYP Entertainment and being willing to hire more people to ensure that a healthy work-life balance is maintained. Park Jin Young also talked about serving high quality, organic food on the premise to make sure that the artists and employees can maintain a healthy lifestyle. Finally, he emphasized the importance of mental health and stated that they had hand-picked a group of psychiatrists who will regularly interact with artists and employees.
      Catch his full speech below!
      CR: soompi
    • By sacheol-21stC
      [V Report Plus] Twice’s Sana, Momo serenaded by indie band SBGB

      (Naver's V app)
      Sana and Momo of Twice were serenaded by South Korean indie band SBGB on “Check-in Live” on Thursday.

      SBGB’s guitarist and keyboardist sang Twice’s recent hit songs, “What is Love,” “Heartshaker” and “Knock Knock,” in succession.

      (Naver's V app)
      The upbeat dance tracks were reinterpreted as mellow ballads.

      Twice debuted through the audition show “Sixteen” co-created by Mnet and JYP Entertainment, a music label under which the nine-piece act was formed. One of the biggest names in the K-pop scene at the moment, Twice consists of Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Sana, Jihyo, Mina, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu.
      Full : http://www.vlive.tv/video/76120
      SBGB cover "What Is Love? + Heart Shaker + KNOCK KNOCK": http://www.vlive.tv/video/76671
      ARRAN cover "T.T remix (with TAK)": http://www.vlive.tv/video/76670
       
      CR: KPOPHERALD
    • By sacheol-21stC
      [KPOPHERALD] Twice to drop first Japanese full-length album in September

      (JYP Entertainment)
      Twice is set to drop its first Japanese full-length album in September, its agency said.

      According to JYP Entertainment on Friday, the nine-piece K-pop girl group will release “BDZ” on Sept. 12. With “BDZ” standing for bulldozer, the album produced by the agency’s head producer Park Jin-young embodies the band’s determination to move forward

      It will include five new songs and five of Twice’s previous Japanese singles such as “One More Time,” “Candy Pop,” “Wake Me Up,” “Brand New Girl” and “I Want You Back.”

      Having commenced its Japanese promotional activities in June last year, the band’s latest single “Wake Me Up,” released last month, shipped over 500,000 copies and won the K-pop act its fourth consecutive platinum certification -- awarded in Japan to those who sold more than 250,000 records.

      Twice is also set to drop its Korean summer single “Dance the Night Away” on July 9.

      (lotus@heraldcorp.com)
      CR: KPOPHERALD
       
    • By sacheol-21stC
      {I do not like reporting the following news from the Singapore press ... however, here goes}
      [The Straits Times] Police looking into video of concertgoer shouting gang slogan during K-pop girl group Twice's concert

      K-pop girl group Twice performed at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on Sunday (June 17). PHOTO: ONE PRODUCTION
      Reporter: Ng Huiwen   SINGAPORE - The police are looking into a viral video of a concertgoer heard shouting a gang slogan during South Korean girl group Twice's concert on Sunday (June 17).
      A seven-second clip of the incident was shared online recently, after it was first posted on Twitter.
      In the video, a voice could be heard chanting "sah lak kau", or "369" in Hokkien, as the nine-member K-pop group sang and danced on stage.
      The slogan is synonymous with the gang Sio Kun Tong. The concertgoer's face was not shown in the video.
      In response to queries, the police said they are aware of the incident and are looking into it.
      Under the Societies Act, it is illegal to join or act as a member of an unlawful society. It is also illegal to attend a meeting of an unlawful society.
      The Twitter user (angelo@Daamndude) who first uploaded the video claimed the voice in the clip belonged to his brother and that he had shouted the gang slogans during the concert, as he did not know the words to a fan chant being sung by other concertgoers.
      About 8,500 fans turned up for the three-hour concert, Twiceland Zone 2: Fantasy Park, at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on Sunday.
      The group performed hits such as Cheer Up, TT and Knock Knock in their second concert in Singapore, after their debut gig in 2017.
      The police have previously taken action against those who chanted gang slogans in public.
      In November 2017, four men were charged for their alleged involvement in unlawful societies, after videos of them shouting gang slogans at funeral processions were circulated online.
      Anyone convicted of being a member of an unlawful society may face a fine not exceeding $5,000, a jail term of up to three years, or both.
      CR: The Straits Times
      Concertgoer shouting 369 gang chant during TWICE’s concert in Singapore
      (PS: That post has since been deleted from that Twitter user's account and the page is now private. But he seemed to have a Carousell account, an Instagram account as well as a YouTube account)
      (Also, he has tagged his supposed "brother's",who had shouted that irresponsible gang slogan, Instagram account. That "brother" also seemed to be using this Carousell account and this Twitter account)
      If anyone reading this have any information of him and his mates, please contact the police. Thank you.
×