• Announcements

• Tzumongie

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!   12/30/2017

As we celebrate the New Year, We wish everyone success, a healthy long life and a fresh new start. Happy New Year! - TEAM TWICE <3  

Welcome, Guest!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Sign in to follow this  
sacheol-21stC

[INFO] SBS under fire for giving gift certificates as payment to staff

SBS under fire for giving gift certificates as payment to staff

Local broadcaster SBS is being heavily criticized for giving out gift certificates as a payment to staff.

It was recently reported that a director, who worked for SBS’ “Same Bed, Different Dreams,” received gift certificates for his six-month payment worth 9 million won ($8,500).

Spoiler

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180112

As the news surfaced, many condemned SBS, one of the three major TV networks in Korea. In response, SBS apologized through its official website Thursday.

“No matter why, it is wrong that a part of payment for a dispatched worker was made with gift certificates,” the post said. “We are investigating if similar cases had happened before.”

It added, “We apologize for hurting people who worked hard to make SBS shows. We will work to ensure that this will not happen again.”

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@herladcorp.com)

cr: KPOPHERALD

• Like 1

Omg I suppose they fired the one person who is responsible to deliver payments right? I don't know why would you even do such a payment in GC's :ny-look:

Awards

9 hours ago, maxix said:

Omg I suppose they fired the one person who is responsible to deliver payments right? I don't know why would you even do such a payment in GC's :ny-look:

I really hope they fired the person. I can't believe anyone would think that it's acceptable to pay employees with gift certificates...

@sacheol-21stC Can you please stop posting random news in Once Zone? It's kinda annoying because there are so many of it. The other threads are buried down. Thank you...

Awards

2 hours ago, Ahn Haeju said:

@sacheol-21stC Can you please stop posting random news in Once Zone? It's kinda annoying because there are so many of it. The other threads are buried down. Thank you...

anyway i agree with this, some news are not important at all and not even related to us. i know the section is free for anything to discuss but i think i prefer a thread where they ask something related to ttf or maybe nice discussion with other member

Awards

@Ahn Haeju

@Picapict

I shall continue post and promote whatever new developments and announcements in South Korean cultural, entertainment and tourism news and bulletins (inclusive of JYPE news and their respective artists) in this forum as I see fit. This is my one of my life goals in TTF other then posting TWICE related articles.

I am answerable to myself, god, and will even have a discussion session with admin and mods if necessary to allow for my posts to go through. This is what I guarantee with whatever life I have left in me and till the day I meet my maker.

Edited by sacheol-21stC
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, sacheol-21stC said:

@Ahn Haeju

@Picapict

I shall continue post and promote whatever new developments and announcements in South Korean cultural, entertainment and tourism news and bulletins (inclusive of JYPE news and their respective artists) in this forum as I see fit. This is my one of my life goals in TTF other then posting TWICE related articles.

I am answerable to myself, god, and will even have a discussion session with admin and mods if necessary to allow for my posts to go through. This is what I guarantee with whatever life I have left in me and till the day I meet my maker.

But why should you?

Awards

58 minutes ago, Ahn Haeju said:

But why should you?

I lived through the turbulent ages of the 1980s in South Korea under a miltary regime by President Chun Doohwan where cultural expression is tightly controlled. The Gwangju uprising massacre, the June Democracy movement of 1987, students clashing with riot police, blood shed as citizens lie dying on the streets -- all these in my childhood. There was not any colours of the current KPOP.

Now, I am an adult, an elder in a position of strength, wisdom and enough life experiences to give a positive influence to the lives of many in society and encourage civic mindedness and strengthen public awareness of its residency. Also to promote the nation's culture and good practices to visitors wherever I am, whenever possible.

I choose this route as my life mission online and in the real world offline.

Now, we are going off-topic. PM me if we need further discussion. (Open to anyone else as well)

TY.

Edited by sacheol-21stC

GC for a paycheck? That is just all kinds of wrong whichever way you may look at it.

1 hour ago, sacheol-21stC said:

@Ahn Haeju

@Picapict

To be honest, i don't think the other member would need to know every little development or announcement about how things going in the south korea. If they need it, they can just open soompi or the other site who provide news. And to know about how every things going in south korea is definetely not the main goals of TTF, we're here to have fun and to find some friends, and once zone is a place to do it, we can discuss something to know each other better, either about twice or the others. 

12 minutes ago, sacheol-21stC said:

I lived through the turbulent ages of the 1980s in South Korea under a miltary regime by President Chun Doohwan where cultural expression is tightly controlled. The Gwangju uprising massacre, the June Democracy movement of 1987, students clashing with riot police, blood shed as citizens lie dying on the streets -- all these in my childhood. There was not any colours of the current KPOP.

Now, I am an adult, an elder in a position of strength, wisdom and enough life experiences to give a positive influence to the lives of many in society and encourage civic mindedness and strengthen public awareness of its residency. Also to promote the nation's culture and good practices to visitors wherever I am, whenever possible.

I choose this route as my life mission online and in the real world offline.

Allright i got your goal, i did watch a movie called "Taxi driver" that tell us about the Gwangju Uprising as the result of Chun Doohwan coup d'etat. Even though i wasn't there and never felt it, i feel really-really sorry to the victim and hope there will be no more that kind of incident. I get it that you as the victim feels like the world has to know about how things going so there will not be another incident like Gwangju Uprising, seriously i got it, as a college student who majored in communication, i know how important the role of media in deciding the fate of someone's life.

But what me and @Ahn Haeju complaining about is how you post every little update on the once zone and bury the other thread, the one that let us Once discuss things and know each other. It's not the right place to do the broadcasting. 

Well, you didn't broke any rules and we don't have any right to stop you. So i will respect your decision, but i hope you will try to understand what we are trying to say and respect us as a fellow member too. Thank you 

Awards

Calm down, please. 

This topic is not worth fighting over.
Saechol is fine posting his news here, and he will continue to post it here.

1 hour ago, Phebe said:

Calm down, please. 

This topic is not worth fighting over.
Saechol is fine posting his news here, and he will continue to post it here.

Thank you, Phebe. I will definitely continue posting about selective cultural, entertainment (from JYPE or not) and tourism news from South Korea, regardless of more complains in future or not.

2 hours ago, Picapict said:

To be honest, i don't think the other member would need to know every little development or announcement about how things going in the south korea. If they need it, they can just open soompi or the other site who provide news. And to know about how every things going in south korea is definetely not the main goals of TTF, we're here to have fun and to find some friends, and once zone is a place to do it, we can discuss something to know each other better, either about twice or the others. 

Allright i got your goal, i did watch a movie called "Taxi driver" that tell us about the Gwangju Uprising as the result of Chun Doohwan coup d'etat. Even though i wasn't there and never felt it, i feel really-really sorry to the victim and hope there will be no more that kind of incident. I get it that you as the victim feels like the world has to know about how things going so there will not be another incident like Gwangju Uprising, seriously i got it, as a college student who majored in communication, i know how important the role of media in deciding the fate of someone's life.

But what me and @Ahn Haeju complaining about is how you post every little update on the once zone and bury the other thread, the one that let us Once discuss things and know each other. It's not the right place to do the broadcasting. 

Well, you didn't broke any rules and we don't have any right to stop you. So i will respect your decision, but i hope you will try to understand what we are trying to say and respect us as a fellow member too. Thank you 

I am not stopping you or anyone else to "have fun and to find some friends" and "discuss something to know each other better" in the forum, and even these activities are carried out in the chatbox. This much I shall respect and expect similarly in kind.

This is where you are wrong about South Korean political and social climate influencing their culture and entertainment scene (including KPOP and the new Korean wave). Under the now impeached President Park Guenhye (daughter of the 1st Dictator of South Korea, Park Chunghee), thousands of cultural figures deemed unfriendly to her establishment are blacklisted; the November 2015 protests of indifferent policies made to labour and education; censorship in report of the Sewol ferry incident; the Choi Soonsil scandal leading to mass demonstrations; South Korea was nearing to go to war against the North more so than previous administrations. (We will not be discussing about Twice, KPOP, all the pretty, glitzy things  Korean when it comes to that while Seoul were to be under siege from the North). It was going back to the 1980s again until current President Moon Jaein is elected.

"Taxi Driver" that you and viewers watched is only miniaturization of what is really happening in that real world time. You did not get to taste the bitterness, smell the bloodiness and hear from the first-hand accounts of the participants and witnesses from that era which I did.

I should be grateful to you @Picapict and @Ahn Haeju for this discussion, which has energized the spark in me. I have never been more fire up in my conviction to report more news and articles in the forum.