News Ticker
  • TEAM TWICE 3.0 <3
sacheol-21stC

[INFO] [soompi] Mnet's “Produce 48” announces premiere date (June 15th, 11pm-KST)

Mnet Responds To Reports That They’ve Finalized Casting And Set Broadcast Date For “Produce 48”

Produce-48.jpg

Mnet has released a response to reports that the list of contestants for their upcoming show “Produce 48” has been finalized.

On March 20, a news outlet reported that the show had finished choosing the female trainees who will be appearing on the show, and had also set a broadcast date for May. A source from Mnet responded and said, “We have not yet finalized the list of contestants. We are currently meeting with potential participants and we are aiming to begin filming in April.”

When asked when the show will begin airing, the source stated, “Though we hope to begin airing the show in May, we cannot give a definitive answer yet because there are many variables that may affect the date.”

“Produce 48” will be a project show that combines Mnet’s “Produce 101” series with Japan’s AKB48 “Idols you can meet easily” concept. The show will be helmed by producing director Ahn Joon Young, who has been in charge of the “Produce 101” series. The show will invite female trainees from both Korea and Japan to compete and become part of a group that debuts like I.O.I and wanna One.

Source (1) (2)

CR: soompi

Mnet Announces Details On First Shoot And Broadcast Date For “Produce 48”

Produce-48.jpg

“Produce 48” has shared more information on its premiere!

On April 3, it was reported that “Produce 48” has pushed back its first broadcast date to June from the original plan of premiering in May.

The reports also revealed that the first filming will take place sometime in April with the contestants moving into dorms. The contestants were selected out of about 1000 applicants after three rounds of auditions.

In response, a source from the program confirmed, “‘Produce 48’ will begin filming sometime in April,” and added, “The broadcast is being planned for June, but the exact broadcast schedule has not been determined yet.”

“Produce 48” is a collaboration between the “Produce 101” series and Japan’s AKB48 system. Female trainees from both Korea and Japan will be competing to become part of the final group.

Source (1) (2)

Watch: “Produce 48” Gears Up For Premiere With First Teaser Video

Produce-481.jpg

“Produce 48” has finally revealed the first teaser!

On April 11, a teaser clip was released, beginning with the incredible story of Wanna One’s Kang Daniel, whose journey began with “Produce 101 Season 2” a year ago. The video takes a look back at the past year from his time on the program through all the impressive achievements.

The teaser then shows blurred out clips of “Produce 48” contestants. Japanese contestants introduce themselves as members of AKB48, SKE48, NMB48, NGT48, and HKT48.

Korean contestants are then shown. One of them debuted in 2012, and another contestant trained with BLACKPINK for about two years.

96 trainees will compete in the hybrid program of the “Produce 101” series and the AKB48 system, and the show is set to premiere in June.

Check out the teaser below!

I'll watch it for sure. :ny-nice:

Awards

“Produce 48” Confirms How Long Project Group Will Promote

Produce-48.jpg

“Produce 48” has confirmed details regarding the contracts of participants who will get to debut as part of the final girl group.

See Also: Trainees From JYP, SM, And YG To Reportedly Not Participate In "Produce 48"

On April 12, several sources from the industry reported that the final group will promote in both Korea and Japan on a contract of two years and six months.

In response to these reports, a source from Mnet confirmed that the contract will last for two and a half years. “Because the girl group will consist of Korean and Japanese members all chosen by national producers, we want to help them achieve more as global artists once they return to their original agencies after debuting in the final group. We decided on this contract length after discussing it with all the participating agencies,” they explained.

As previously announced, 96 trainees will compete in “Produce 48,” the hybrid program of the “Produce 101” series and the AKB48 system. The show is set to premiere in June.

Source (1) (2)

[soompi] Jeon Somi And Kang Daniel To Make Guest Appearance On “Produce 48”

Jeon-Somi-Kang-Daniel1.jpg

“Produce 48” will feature the first place contestants from the two seasons of “Produce 101”!

On April 17, it was revealed that Jeon Somi from “Produce 101” and Kang Daniel from “Produce 101 Season 2” visited the first recording of “Produce 48” on April 11.

The “centers” of I.O.I and Wanna One showed up to cheer on the 96 contestants who are taking on a new challenge. They helped loosen up the nerves of the contestants with their sweet encouragement.

In addition, dance trainer Kahi from both seasons of “Produce 101” also appeared to show support even in her final stage of pregnancy.

“Produce 48” is a collaboration between the “Produce 101” series and Japan’s AKB48 system. Female trainees from both Korea and Japan will be competing to become part of the final group. The show is set to premiere in June.

Check out a preview here!

Source (1)

[soompi] “Produce 48” Reveals How Much They’ll Pay Contestants

Produce-483.jpg

Mnet has announced the appearance fees for their upcoming show “Produce 48”!

On April 17, a source from the show told Xsportsnews that the participants will receive 100,000 won (approximately $94) per episode. If they release music, Mnet will pay 1 million won (approximately $936) per song.

In the first two seasons of “Produce 101,” Mnet did not pay any appearance fees and only split the revenue they got from releasing songs. The source from the show further emphasized that participants will be paid equally.

96 trainees will compete in “Produce 48″” the hybrid program of the “Produce 101” series and the AKB48 system. As previously announced, the final group will promote in both Korea and Japan on a contract of two and a half years.

The show is set to premiere in June with FTISLAND’s Lee Hong Ki, Soyou, Cheetah, Bae Yoon Jeong, 1MILLION Dance Studio’s May J Lee, and choreographer Choi Young Joon as trainers.

Source (1)

[soompi] Lee Seung Gi Confirmed As MC Of “Produce 48”

Lee-Seung-Gi.jpg

The MC of “Produce 48” has been revealed!

On April 18, a news outlet reported that Lee Seung Gi will be the national producer representative and main MC of “Produce 48,” following in the footsteps of Jang Geun Suk and BoA for the “Produce 101” series.

Mnet confirmed the reports and added, “Not only does Lee Seung Gi have the experience as a singer, but he is an artist and actor who receives love from the nation due to his stable hosting skills and sense of humor.”

Mnet continued, “As the representative of national producers, Lee Seung Gi will lead 96 trainees from Korea and Japan until the birth of the first Korean and Japanese girl group chosen by national producers.”

The first recording for “Produce 48” has been completed without an MC, but Lee Seung Gi will join beginning with the next recording on April 23.

Previously, FTISLAND’s Lee Hong Ki, former SISTAR member Soyou, Cheetah, Bae Yoon Jeong, May J Lee, and Choi Young Joon were announced to be trainers for the program

“Produce 48” is a collaboration between the “Produce 101” series and Japan’s AKB48 system. Female trainees from both Korea and Japan will be competing to become part of the final group. The show is set to premiere in June.

Check out a preview here!

Source (1) (2) (3)

[soompi] “Produce 48” Announces Producer And Details For Theme Song

Pick-Me.jpg

“Produce 48” has revealed information on its theme song, known as a “signal song.”

See Also: Jeon Somi And Kang Daniel To Make Guest Appearance On "Produce 48"

On April 19, a source from Mnet commented, “‘Produce 48’ trainees completed filming for the signal song,” and added, “The signal song this time is by producer team Flow Blow.”

Flow Blow is the team that co-produced “Never” from “Produce 101 Season 2” and Wanna One’s debut track “Energetic.”

The signal songs from the two seasons of “Produce 101” have received significant attention. The first season’s “Pick Me” was written by Midas-T, and the second season’s “Nayana (Pick Me)” was written by Ryan Jhun with several other producers.

“Produce 48” is a collaboration between the “Produce 101” series and Japan’s AKB48 system. Female trainees from both Korea and Japan will be competing to become part of the final group. The show is set to premiere in June, and Lee Seung Gi was recently announced as the MC.

Source (1)

[soompi] “Produce 48” Confirms Details For First Group Performance Of Theme Song

Produce-482.jpg

The trainees of “Produce 48” will be performing together for the first time ever soon!

See Also: "Produce 48" Reportedly Chooses Contestant For First Center Position

On April 20, it was reported that the trainees of “Produce 48” will be participating in the recording of Mnet’s “M!Countdown” on April 22. There, they will be filming the first stage of their theme song. A source from Mnet confirmed the news but stated that a broadcast date has not been set yet for the performance.

It was reported earlier that the trainees had finished recording the audio for their theme song on April 19. There is much anticipation for the upcoming track as it was worked on by Flow Blow, the team that co-produced Wanna One’s “Energetic” and “Produce 101 Season 2” concept track “Never.”

A total of 96 Korean and Japanese trainees will stand on stage together for their upcoming performance. “Produce 48” is a collaboration between Korea’s “Produce 101” series and Japan’s AKB48 system. The contestants who make it into the final group will promote together for two and a half years. This year’s event will be MCed by Lee Seung Gi, and the show will premiere in June.

Source (1) (2)

[soompi] All Members Of I.O.I And Wanna One To Reportedly Appear On “Produce 48”

I.O.I-Wanna-One.jpg

For the first time ever, all members of I.O.I and Wanna One may be uniting!

Industry representatives have reported that all 11 members of each group will be participating in the “Produce 48” recording on April 22.

The 22 former “Produce 101” contestants will meet the “Produce 48” trainees and show their strong support.

This will be the first time that I.O.I makes a television appearance with all 11 members since January 2017.

Previously, it was also announced that Jeon Somi and Kang Daniel participated in the first recording on April 11.

Check out a preview here!

Source (1)

[soompi] “Produce 48” Announces Dates For “M!Countdown” Performance And First Reveal Of Contestants

Produce-483.jpg

The contestants of “Produce 48” will soon be revealed for the first time!

See Also: fromis_9's Jang Gyuri Reportedly Appearing On "Produce 48" + Show Responds

Previously, it was announced that the contestants recorded their group performance for “M!Countdown” on April 22.

On May 8, it was confirmed that their performance will air on the May 10 episode of “M!Countdown.”

The performance will introduce the national producer representative Lee Seung Gi along with the 96 contestants. They will showcase their theme song “Naekkeoya,” which means “Mine.” As it was for the previous two seasons, the English title for the track is “Pick Me.” The song is by producer team Flow Blow and will be released via online music sites on May 10 at 6 p.m. KST.

The official “Produce 48” website will open on May 11 at 12 p.m. KST, and the profiles of the contestants will begin to be revealed on May 11.

Source (1)

[soompi] “Produce 48” Contestants Suffer Minor Injuries Due To Drone Accident

Produce-48.jpg

A drone falling on the “Produce 48” set has caused minor injuries.

On May 8, it was reported that a drone fell during rehearsal. Two contestants suffered scratches after being hit by fragments of the drone and were immediately taken to the hospital.

A source from Mnet commented, “The contestants then expressed their desire to continue filming, so they returned and went on with filming,” and added, “For safety, we have decided to no longer film with drones. We will pay more attention on the safety on set from now on. We apologize.”

“Produce 48” is a collaboration between the “Produce 101” series and Japan’s AKB48 system. Female trainees from both Korea and Japan will be competing to become part of the final group. The show is set to premiere in June, and the contestants will first be revealed through “M!Countdown” on May 10.

Source (1) (2)

“Produce 48” Announces Official Broadcast Date

Produce-48.jpg

Mnet has set the official air date for their upcoming survival show “Produce 48”!

See Also: "Produce 48" Contestants Suffer Minor Injuries Due To Drone Accident

On May 10, a source from Mnet told Xsportsnews that the first episode of “Produce 48” will air on May 15 at 11 p.m. KST.

“Produce 48” is a collaboration between the “Produce 101” series and Japan’s AKB48 system. Female trainees from both Korea and Japan will be competing to become part of the final group.

As previously announced, viewers will get to see the 96 contestants performing their theme song “Naekkeoya” for the first time on the May 10 episode of “M!Countdown.”

Mnet will start revealing the profiles of contestants on May 11 at 12 p.m. KST via their official “Produce 48” website.

Hosted by national producer representative Lee Seung Gi, the show will feature FTISLAND’s Lee Hong Ki, Soyou, Cheetah, Bae Yoon Jeong, 1MILLION Dance Studio’s May J Lee, and choreographer Choi Young Joon as trainers.

Source (1)

[soompi] Watch: “Produce 48” Contestants Shine In First Performance Ahead Of Show’s Premiere

produce-48-e1525957058795.jpg

The contestants of the much-anticipated show “Produce 48” have showcased their talents in their first performance on “M!Countdown”!

See Also: "Produce 48" Announces Official Broadcast Date

On the May 10 episode of “M!Countdown,” the Korean and Japanese contestants of “Produce 48” took to the stage to perform the show’s theme song “Pick Me (Naekkeoya).”

“Produce 48” is the newest season in the “Produce 101” series, and it’s a collaboration with Japan’s AKB48 system. On the show, 96 Korean and Japanese trainees will be competing for a spot in the final girl group.

The “M!Countdown” performance features two contestants in the center positions: Miyawaki Sakura and After School’s Kaeun.

This season’s theme song was composed by Flow Blow, the producer team that has worked on the hit song “Never” that was first introduced on “Produce 101 Season 2,” Wanna One’s “Energetic,” many releases by PENTAGON, and more.

Watch the “Produce 48” contestants’ performance below!

“Produce 48” will begin on June 15 at 11 p.m. KST, and will be hosted by Lee Seung Gi. Trainers will include FTISLAND’s Lee Hong Ki, Soyou, Cheetah, Bae Yoon Jeong, 1MILLION Dance Studio’s May J Lee, and choreographer Choi Young Joon.

The first profiles for the “Produce 48” contestants will be revealed on May 11, so stay tuned for more information on who’s taking part!

[Yonhap News Agency] Mnet's audition show 'Produce 48' to air simultaneously in Korea and Japan

SEOUL, June 8 (Yonhap) -- Cable music channel Mnet's new idol competition show, "Produce 48," will air in South Korea and Japan at the same time, the network said Friday.

The project, aimed at auditioning talented performers from both countries to produce a girl group through audience voting, will premiere on Mnet and Japan's BS Scapa on June 15.

The Japanese satellite channel is watched by more than eight million viewers in Japan and is known for its exclusive content related to the popular Japanese girl band AKB48.

It is rare for a variety show to air in Korea and Japan at the same time, Mnet said, adding the show will provide momentum for Korean television shows to make more inroads into the country.

An official from CJ E&M, which owns the channel, said K-pop takes up 10-12 percent of the Japanese music market, which is estimated to be worth around six trillion won.

"The mega-project will serve as a stepping stone for Korean entertainment content to have a bigger influence in Japan," the official said.

The program, first unveiled in "2017 MAMA in Japan" in November, is a collaboration between popular Mnet's audition program "Produce 101" and Yasushi Akimoto who produced AKB48.

AEN20180608007200315_01_i.jpg

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

(END)

CR: Yonhap News Agency

Watch: “Produce 48” Increases Excitement For Show With Teaser Featuring I.O.I And Wanna One

ioi-produce-48-wanna-one.jpg

“Produce 48” is asking fans of the series to imagine their next dream project group!

On June 8, the show released a new teaser video that features “Produce 101” project group I.O.I and “Produce 101 Season 2” project group Wanna One on stage. After both groups are shown with their “Pick Me” theme songs playing in the background, a series of question marks flash as the “Produce 48” theme song “Pick Me (Naekkeoya)” is heard.

The title of the video reads, “Who will be the star that follows I.O.I and Wanna One?”

Spoiler

I.O.I are making a much-anticipated reunion on “Produce 48” after they finished their promotions together in January of 2017, while Wanna One is currently promoting and recently made a comeback. The show recently also shared another teaser that highlights the members of the two project groups and their history on the series.

“Produce 48” is a combination of both the “Produce 101” series and Japan’s AKB48 system, with both Korean and Japanese contestants competing to take places in a final girl group. It will be hosted by Lee Seung Gi, and is set to premiere on June 15 at 11 p.m. KST.

[soompi] Kenta, Jeong Sewoon, Yoo Seon Ho, And Lee Seok Hoon To Reportedly Feature In “Produce 48” Prologue

kenta-jeong-sewoon-yoo-seon-ho-lee-seok-

“Produce 48” will reportedly include another reunion of familiar faces!

On June 8, it was reported that an “Episode 0” prologue before the premiere of Mnet’s “Produce 48” on June 15 will include “Produce 101 Season 2” contestants Kenta, Jeong Sewoon, and Yoo Seon Ho, as well as SG Wannabe’s Lee Seok Hoon, who previously coached them as a vocal trainer on the show.

It’s said that they’ll be getting together before the first episode to do a preview of the “Produce 48” contestants, similar to the “Countdown 101” special before last season’s premiere. This season will also include a reunion of the members of “Produce 101” final group I.O.I, as well as an appearance by “Produce 101 Season 2” final group Wanna One.

“Produce 48” will premiere on June at 15 at 11 p.m. KST on Mnet, and will be hosted by Lee Seung Gi. The prologue is reported to be airing that day at 6 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

Been waiting for this after the PRODUCE 101 where IOI debuted, wondering who'll be the next group that will debut after PRODUCE 48 hahaha

Awards

I have watched the MV... and kept looping it lol

Nekoya nekoya neko neko nekoya...

Awards

[soompi] “Produce 48” Addresses Various Controversies, Explains Korea-Only Voting And Longer Group Contract

produce-48-xpn-3.jpg

With just a couple of days left to go until the long-awaited premiere of Mnet’s “Produce 48,” Mnet held a press conference on June 11, answering questions about the show and addressing various controversies.

See Also: Kenta, Jeong Sewoon, Yoo Seon Ho, And Lee Seok Hoon To Reportedly Feature In "Produce 48" Prologue

Attending the press conference were CP Kim Yong Beom and PD Ahn Jun Young, as well as the national producer representative Lee Seung Gi; vocal trainers Lee Hong Ki and Soyou; rap trainer Cheetah; and dance trainers Bae Yoon Jung, Choi Young Joon, and May J Lee.

produce-48-xpn-2.jpg

“Produce 48” is a joint project between Korea and Japan that combines the systems from “Produce 101” and Japan’s “AKB48.” A total of 96 contestants will participate in the program, including both trainees from Korea and Japan, and the final girl group will be made up of the top 12.

PD Ahn Jun Young first spoke about how it’s not easy to create a program like “Produce 48”: “I didn’t even think that a day like today would happen. Making a program with a different country is hard. But regardless, the trainers and trainees are working hard to realize a common goal.”

He continued, “We have a slogan saying to become one through music. Rather than just Korea and Japan, we wanted something that could reflect a common dream across the globe. We hope that this show isn’t seen as a competition between Korea and Japan.”

Spoiler

produce-48-xpn.jpg

The producers of the show then addressed controversies regarding the show, first that some Japanese trainees have a right-wing political bias. AKB48’s side of the “Produce 48” team said, “We’ve looked into the various controversies, and we’ve confirmed that there is no political undertone.”

Regarding the use of school uniforms for the show when there are some adult trainees, PD Ahn Jun Young said, “On set, we don’t call them school uniforms, we just call them uniforms. There are a lot of young trainees. We think a school uniform is appropriate for their age and showing a healthy image. There may be a lot of concern because this season is for female trainees, but we will do our best so that there are no problems.”

Mnet director Kim Yong Beom added, “These issues come up particularly for female seasons, but we used school uniforms for the male season, too. When trainees wear school uniforms or sports uniforms while living in dorms or doing group dances, there is something that changes in their mental approach.”

This year, the promotional length for the final “Produce 48” group has been increased to two years and six months. Kim Yong Beom explained the extension from the promotional lengths for group from previous seasons, saying, “Because the promotions will be global, we discussed various perspectives, including the business aspect of the promotions as well as that of the artist agencies, and [two years and six months] is the optimal length of time. While a shorter, but full period of promotions works as well, for global promotions, we determined that a shorter period would be too difficult.”

For “Produce 48,” though both Korean and Japanese trainees are participating, voting will only take place in Korea. Kim Yong Beom said, “Because the AKB48 members are incredibly popular in Japan, we determined that the gap is just too large with the Korean trainees. Of course, there are some Korean participants that have already debuted, but generally, the Korean trainees are starting with no fan base, so voting will be done exclusively in Korea.”

There will be no set number of Korean and Japanese trainees in the final group. Kim Yong Beom said, “We know that there are going to be rumors about this, but regardless of nationality, the 12 that are most loved by the nation’s producers will make up the final group.”

“Produce 48” airs June 15 at 11 p.m. on Mnet.

Source (1) (2) (3)

[soompi] Lee Seung Gi Explains Why He Took The Role Of MC For “Produce 48”

lee-seung-gi-xpn.jpg

Lee Seung Gi shared why he decided to become the MC and national producer representative for “Produce 48,” following Jang Geun Suk and BoA in the previous seasons of “Produce 101.”

See Also: Watch: "Produce 48" Previews Drama And Tears In Intense Teaser For Premiere

At a press conference on June 11 for the upcoming Mnet show “Produce 48,” producing director (PD) Ahn Joon Young talked about the reason they wanted Lee Seung Gi for the role.

“We sent many offers to Lee Seung Gi at the start,” said Ahn Joon Young. “It was because he debuted at a young age as a singer and is also excellent at being an MC. In addition, from the point of view of a PD, we needed Lee Seung Gi because he has an image that’s loved by all generations. We wanted the nation’s producers of all generations to take part, not just those who are teenagers and in their twenties.”

Lee Seung Gi joked with a laugh, “I felt happy because of the endless offers as well as when they complimented me by saying ‘There’s only you.'”

He continued, “As Korea’s music industry begins to break into the global market, I’m sure that the girl group that will be formed through ‘Produce 48’ will be capable of having an influence on the international market. That’s why I decided to appear on the show. Jang Geun Suk in season one and BoA in season two both had strong individual styles. BoA has achieved many things and has a lot of experience.”

“While I watched the second season, I worried about how I could be of help to the trainees,” he said. “I’m not becoming a representative and then just telling people what to do. I’m trying to help them through my experience as a singer, actor, and entertainer so that they can show their own abilities in a relaxed way. There are a lot of cases of survival shows where the trainees don’t feel happy because of the pressure or they aren’t able to show their talents, so I’m trying hard to lead everything well.”

“Produce 48” is a collaboration between the “Produce 101” series and Japan’s AKB48 system, and will include contestants from both Korea and Japan. During the press conference, the PDs also addressed controversies surrounding the show as well as answered questions about this season’s voting system.

The show will premiere on Mnet on June 15.

Source (1)

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews