• Announcements

• Tzumongie

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!   12/30/2017

As we celebrate the New Year, We wish everyone success, a healthy long life and a fresh new start. Happy New Year! - TEAM TWICE <3  

Welcome, Guest!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Kayniversal

Twice Singapore Discussion Thread

:cy-omo: I feel like I'm one of the few members in TTF who is actually from a place that has English as their first language xD

12 hours ago, NoShynaNoLife said:

ur part time not 8-5 one ?

mine is 10am-6pm :dh-lol:

12 hours ago, MinaSea said:

39 days to ORD for me :)

Ayyyy nice :dh-yas:cant wait for you to finally say ORD LOR XD (me shall wait for 2 years time to come :dh-heh:)

8 hours ago, Phebe said:

:cy-omo: I feel like I'm one of the few members in TTF who is actually from a place that has English as their first language xD

:ty-peek: USA I see

2 minutes ago, tzuXhybudget said:

:ty-peek: USA I see

I am a "grammar nerd" (what my friends call me) so I think I'm cool :sn-ay:

Just now, Phebe said:

I am a "grammar nerd" (what my friends call me) so I think I'm cool :sn-ay:

Well then I am a grammer noob :hahaha: I suck at grammer and vocabulary so much every time I prayed that I can just pass my english exams :ty-lol:

4 minutes ago, tzuXhybudget said:

Well then I am a grammer noob :hahaha: I suck at grammer and vocabulary so much every time I prayed that I can just pass my english exams :ty-lol:

I can help you if needed.
I've never gotten lower than a 95% on my grammar and spelling tests in all my years of school.

10 minutes ago, tzuXhybudget said:

:mm-wow:dayum XD 

Here are some simple one's:

It's very hard to tell the difference between you're and your. But this is how you remember.
Your - Kinda simple uh-
"Is that your phone number?"
You're - Short-versed word for "you are".
"I think you're really cool!"

There, They're and Their.
They're pretty much the definition of hell (haha see what I did there funny joke)

There - Pretty much trying to tell where something is directly.
"I think I see a spider over there!"
They're - Like you're, it's short-termed for "they are".
"I gotta admit, they're really cute."
Their - Trying to describe something that someone owns. 
"Do you know their phone number?"

Did I help at all lmao

14 hours ago, Phebe said:

U also from singapore?

9 hours ago, NoShynaNoLife said:

U also from singapore?

I'm from the United States :ny-pose:

The irony is that the first and most common language spoken in Singapore is also the English language. I consider myself a native English speaker. It's my first language and the one I'm most fluent with.

Singapore is predominantly Chinese in ethnicity, with large Malay, Indian and Eurasian minorities. Going further down the line, there are the various dialect groups and cultures that exist even within these ethnicities, all with their own languages or dialects, such as the Peranakan or Hakka cultures, to name a couple.  The Singapore education system also puts a very strong emphasis on bilingualism, with students learning English alongside their mother tongue. But with such a strong and varied mix of cultures and languages in Singapore, it leads the average Singaporean to become a jack-of-all-trades and master of no languages. 

The English language as most commonly spoken in Singapore is laced with slang and colloquialisms derived from the myriad of languages and dialects spoken in the country, and is known as "Singlish". 

Some Singaporeans do manage to become very much bilingual and speak exceedingly well in two(or more) languages, but for the most part, people find themselves being average at both or really good at one, but doing poorly with the other. 

On a different note, first post of the thread in 2018! :jh-cheer: