Welcome, Guest!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
MinaPenguin #TwiceismyLife

[DISCUSSION] Let's talk about the Knock Knock song

Hello Onces, Have you ever don't you liked a TWICE's song?:ny-hmm:

Maybe they say I'm crazy or they        leave this thread.

But to me yes, and it's the Knock Knock song:ny-sad:          

When I saw the M / V at the time it came out I fell in love with the scenography and how they were but not more than the song or choreography. 

:sn-ayyy:

I have learned the complete choreography, but every time I see Knock Knock I get bored a lot and I pass the song immediately.

:sn-sparkle:

I want to emphasize that it is only my opinion, do not know about you but what do you think ?? 

:ny-look:                                                                                        

Edited by MinaPenguin #TwiceismyLife

Awards

This would of been more appropriate for a current comeback.... but Knock Knock is fine. I don't see anything wrong with it. It's catchy and I really love the stage outfits they get.

• Like 2

I really love the song... It is a really catchy song, It was on my lips for at least three months:dh-bbasae:

• Like 1

Awards

Knock knock time 

Lets sing one line each

yeoldushiga dwemyeon dacheoyo

Awards

it's one of my favorite song :dh-srs: especially when Sana goes "knock, knock!" with a high pitch :dh-nice:

• Like 1

TBH when I first listened to it, I didn't really like it but when I kept on listening to it I started to love it. 

• Like 1

Awards

I don't really like knock knock and signal at first. now I like both of them :D

• Like 1

Awards

Same as most of your opinion above. If you keep listening, you will start loving.

Awards

1 hour ago, Myoui Mintul said:

Same as most of your opinion above. If you keep listening, you will start loving.

Heart Shaker was like that to me when it first came out, but now it's replacing Likey on my playlist :dh-heh:

Maybe I will add my opinion hahhahhaha at the very first time I look about Twice all I've search about their song is TT and I don't even want Cheer Up at first but when I decided to stan them I start on listening to their other song. But when I heard KK I like it cause the beat and the choreo is so catchy. Up until now I don't dislike any of their song as those previous song made them famous and achieve these awards. Hmmmmm a little bit long hahahha sorry.

Edited by JokbalManiaMomo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JokbalManiaMomo said:

Maybe I will add my opinion hahhahhaha at the very first time I know about Twice all I've search about their song is TT and I don't even want Cheer Up at first but when I decided to stan them I start on listening to their other song. But when I heard KK I like it cause the beat and the choreo is so catchy. Up until now I don't dislike any of their song as those previous song made them famous and achieve these awards. Hmmmmm a little bit long hahahha sorry.

I totally agree with you ! :ny-yes: 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MooseLover said:

Heart Shaker was like that to me when it first came out, but now it's replacing Likey on my playlist :dh-heh:

Likey is my reason to start loving Twice hahaha, now i keep listening to all their song daily. 

• Upvote 1

Awards

2 hours ago, MyiMina said:

I totally agree with you ! :ny-yes: 

Hahahah thank you we always have the same thoughts :ny-yes:

Hmm, I like the MV for this song, but I don't listen to it often. Probably only rank it in the middle of all their songs, just personal preference I guess. Maybe if I listen to it more, I'll start to like it more. :ny-hmm:

I've always loved KNOCK KNOCK. I was already a ONCE for nearly a year when KNOCK KNOCK came out, but this is the comeback which really got me hyped and I started following them even more closely and watching all their music show performances and other videos.

I feel it's an underrated song. To me, it's still one of their best title tracks. Maybe it's not considered their usual style, but it's a style I really like: fast tempo, highly rhythmic and somewhat dramatic. The end of the song together with the end of the MV also leaves me feeling a little sad, and I like this kind of music. I was also interested in the structure of the song, which is slightly different to their usual structure.

I loved everything about the music video right from the start and even left a comment listing the "highlights", which I'll share with some modification below. Perhaps it'll help bring the song more appreciation:

Spoiler

"The highlights for me

0:00 — Even the beginning is pretty cool. That stop motion-style intro is an interesting idea and the fact that they still make it look like stop-motion even in live performance is awesome.
0:25 — Sana's entrance because Sana's entrance in any video always makes my heart flutter :3
0:27 — Sana's corny English line.
0:36 — Playing "Grandmother's Footsteps" or "Daruma-san ga koronda" as it's known as in Japan.
0:42 — Two winks and second English line... "The reading's off the charts. Over 20,000! Even maknae Yoda doesn't have a kawaii level that high..." (Star Wars reference) 
0:54
— (CHEER UP references) Nayeon's still on the phone and Sana still has her big-ass mic (also at 0:58 and 1:06). Also note smol queen in the closet.
1:03 — Nayeon on the ropes, bruh.
1:04 — Mina's expression and finger wag. Also note Sana fearing the awesome might of Dahyun's pillow swing.
1:10 — Tzuyu being awks.
1:14 — Chaeyoung being smol and precious.
1:22 — Jeongyeon's head shake and this part in general, I like the music progression here.
1:29 — Tzuyu's "dang dang" and her cute and happy expression o
1:32 — Tzuyu's wink. Sweet lawwd Jeezus save us x_x
1:36 — Mina's angelic melisma (or whatever you call it).
1:41 — SPIDER CHAE!
1:44 — Sana singing (and boxing) during the chorus.
1:56 — IT'S JYP!
2:08 — Momoring Momoing.
2:25 — Momo points to the ceiling like "TO THE MOMOBILE!" and then the TWICE Avengers all run off to save Gotham.
2:31 — Graceful Mina.
2:32 — Secret ballerina Jihyo.
2:33 — Dahyun doing her strut from
TT.
2:34 — Momo's high kicks.
2:35 — Sana's combat roll.
2:36 — Chaeyoung and Nayeon (but especially Nayeon)'s alternative combat rolls XD
2:37 — Jeongyeon ain't got time fo dis.
2:45 — HI MINA! (Bridge queen)
2:59 — Momo 'bout to wreck you up.
3:00 — Extended Jihyo ad lib (^O^)
3:13 — Chae is bae.
3:41 — I like how everyone else looks sad or scared but Momo is looking at the door like "Wat is dis?"

Highlights with no particular time stamp:
Chaeyoung having an actual significant singing role and screen time ヽ(^。^)ノ
Sana in fishnet stockings, i.e. the sexiest concept imaginable °□°

Well, that's a lot of highlights, lol. "

This comment managed to gain 245 likes by the way... :mn-tea:

Spoiler

P.S....

Spoiler

nH8aFHO.gif

7 hours ago, JokbalManiaMomo said:

Hahahah thank you we always have the same thoughts :ny-yes:

I know right, you always say the things I want to say :ty-lol: 

I love this M/V very much, a concept that I always wanted to see ~

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, MyiMina said:

I know right, you always say the things I want to say :ty-lol: 

I love this M/V very much, a concept that I always wanted to see ~

Yeah when I watch this for the first time, I guess that time my bias is Momo but Mina and Dahyun make swerve a lot everytime I watch again and again. :ny-yes: One of the song I love to hear before going somewhere (I really hope to have a phone again hahahha)

Edited by JokbalManiaMomo

2 hours ago, JokbalManiaMomo said:

Yeah when I watch this for the first time, I guess that time my bias is Momo but Mina and Dahyun make swerve a lot everytime I watch again and again. :ny-yes: One of the song I love to her before going somewhere (I really hope to have a phone again hahahha)

Mina's bridge part was killing me :jy-eww: 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MyiMina said:

Yeah that part also is one of my favorite along with Momo, Dahyun and Sana's part :ny-yes:

4 hours ago, JokbalManiaMomo said:

Yeah when I watch this for the first time, I guess that time my bias is Momo but Mina and Dahyun make swerve a lot everytime I watch again and again. :ny-yes: One of the song I love to hear before going somewhere (I really hope to have a phone again hahahha)

2 hours ago, MyiMina said:

The power of Penguin :mn-peace:

Awards

On 5/11/2018 at 11:03 AM, MrDespair said:

Hmm, I like the MV for this song, but I don't listen to it often. Probably only rank it in the middle of all their songs, just personal preference I guess. Maybe if I listen to it more, I'll start to like it more. :ny-hmm:

What a coincidence, I'm now watching Knock Knock era videos, so I listened to this song a good 10 times over the weekend due to all the promotions they were doing and I do like it much more, it's climbing up the list. Watching the full dance performances and understanding the lyrics also helps. I feel dumb because I thought the song literally was about people physically knocking on doors, so I didn't think much of it... Obviously it would have a deeper meaning lol. :ny-fish: