Welcome, Guest!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
DanteLeon15

[DISCUSSION] So this is the guy that disrespect TWICE at the Eskara Festival

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes the guy above with that face so so...

If you are not aware, last May 11, TWICE attended the Sungkyunkwan University Festival. Everything was going well, we were being blessed with performance and simply incredible images of the girls and it seemed to be another day in the office for TWICE.

But then we found out on Twitter that the MC who attended the event made a total lack of respect to TWICE at the end when the public shouted for the girls to do an Encore using that word. The MC intervened and encouraged the audience to shout SERVICE!! SERVICE!! SERVICE!! He even told them to shout it louder... and he only said that when TWICE performed.

What is the problem in this, are you probably wondering naively?

Service is the word you use in South Korea when you need it in certain ''types of bars'' for ''waitresses'' to serve you. The word has a very negative connotation and that the guy has believed that this was a way in which they had to refer for TWICE to return to the stage is simply unacceptable. If he thought he was being funny and witty, he was not being, even a little. And if he really did it with bad intentions of denigrating TWICE, it's even worse.

More Info here: https://onehallyu.com/topic/679923-json-instiz-the-situation-on-twice-at-seongdae-festival/ and here 

On internet, ONCE quickly began to show their discontent. The guy even put his social networks in private because he already knew what was coming. I couldn't even find his SNS, I don't know if he erased them or what. Obviously, thrices and people from other fandom came to say that we were just overreacting and that it is not so much lol, I bet that if something similar happened to their favs they would not say the same.

This makes me totally angry: TWICE doesn't tire themselves practicing and learning songs and choreographies, sleeping two hours a day or not sleeping for days, just to be disrespected by that MC.

The guy is called Lee Jeong Pyo (이정표 아나운서) and is an announcer and commentator who is an announcer for the Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors FC and the National Team of Korea.

Is there any way to make him regret what he did? That is, if something like this happens to BTS or EXO, the he would have to leave this planet because the armys and exols would finish it. How do we, ONCE, act so passively when they do that to our girls?

We could complain to the companies he works with, either sending letters or messages by email filling his mailboxes with so many complaints that a ship would have to get to navigate between them. Or anything else we can do...

Seriously, just look at his face..

What do you think of all this?

Edited by chaerrybear
added title tag & removed profanities

Technically, the audience is suppose to say 'encore' or calling the group name loudly or sing a Twice song very loudly in the hopes they'll return to the stage and perform more; if they have the time to spare in their busy schedule.

Honestly, I've never heard of an announcer before getting the crowd into saying 'service'.  That's odd.

The only time I've ever heard people call a girl group for service is when the girl group is working in a restaurant on a variety show.

Awards

Firstly, please note that swearing is against the forum rules and even though you censored some of your words, you left others uncensored. I know you're angry but those are the rules.

Secondly, I feel this is a toxic discussion and don't really see what it will accomplish other than to serve as a place for people to get angry and offended. I do appreciate you letting us know about this issue, but you've written this in a way which I feel is counterproductive. It's ok to feel angry, but writing angry and hateful stuff on the internet isn't going to solve anything. And the way you've written this, saying things like you want to make this guy's life a misery, it does sound a bit over the top.

There are stupid and rude people in the world. Accept it and walk on. :jy-flee:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

Firstly, please note that swearing is against the forum rules and even though you censored some of your words, you left others uncensored. I know you're angry but those are the rules.

Secondly, I feel this is a toxic discussion and don't really see what it will accomplish other than to serve as a place for people to get angry and offended. I do appreciate you letting us know about this issue, but you've written this in a way which I feel is counterproductive. It's ok to feel angry, but writing angry and hateful stuff on the internet isn't going to solve anything. And the way you've written this, saying things like you want to make this guy's life a misery, it does sound a bit over the top.

Totally loving you baby :jy-cutie:

It's my first time hear audience shout "Service" hmm.

Awards

1 hour ago, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

That's a rule? I don't think it is.... I've seen swears all around TTF-

4 minutes ago, Myoui Mintul said:

Totally loving you baby 

Please, only one person on the forum is allowed to call me that. :ny-nono:

3 minutes ago, Phebe said:

That's a rule? I don't think it is.... I've seen swears all around TTF-

It's definitely in the rules. General Rule No. 6.

2 minutes ago, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

Please, only one person on the forum is allowed to call me that. :ny-nono:

Am I allowed to call you baby

2 minutes ago, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

It's definitely in the rules. General Rule No. 6.

I've been following it because I haven't sworn, the big difference between me swearing here and swearing in my Discord server is a lot lmao
I don't swear because I'm a mod, but there are also a lot of little kids here uwu

5 minutes ago, Phebe said:

Am I allowed to call you baby

No. :ny-wut:

6 minutes ago, Phebe said:

I've been following it because I haven't sworn, the big difference between me swearing here and swearing in my Discord server is a lot lmao
I don't swear because I'm a mod, but there are also a lot of little kids here uwu

I noticed... :ny-fish:

I think it's a rule that should be interpreted flexibly. I might've come close to swearing on occasion in my status updates, but I think there the rules should be more lax and besides, I never really swear at anyone in particular. The important thing about language is not what's said but how it's used. :ty-hey:

Personally, I jus take dat OP as is 2 respect dat person's opinion, even tho it cud've bin mor PG rated.  Sum ting 4 future reference posting dats not really comfortable readin' here.

Da main focus is da content b-in addressed.  1 ting dat can b sura, dat guy not gonna b MCin' anotha Twice event any time soon.

Awards

Sexism at it finest. ONCE definitely should make his life hard. Do it on forum or on twitter is another story. With lack of support in time like this, antis using in their advantage. So many hate comments without any reaction what so ever.

He should apologize publicly if not. Make his life miserable. :)

3 hours ago, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

this.

Awards

7 hours ago, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

^^:ny-nice:

6 hours ago, Gintoki said:

Sexism at it finest. ONCE definitely should make his life hard. Do it on forum or on twitter is another story. With lack of support in time like this, antis using in their advantage. So many hate comments without any reaction what so ever.

He should apologize publicly if not. Make his life miserable. :)

i agree with you!

8 hours ago, Phebe said:

little kids don't swear, big kids do.

"service"... that's so strange 

maybe the mc hates TWICE but I don't want these things to happen again, this discourages them a lot :mn-tt:

Awards

That person (Lee Jung-pyo) already make an apologies

Awards

6 hours ago, Myoui Mintul said:

That person (Lee Jung-pyo) already make an apologies

Alrighty-den.  Now we can move along to greener pastures.  :twice-smile:

Awards

Sensitive much? He was rude, but wasn't that far over the line.... it was just a joke.

Also making fun of how the guy looks doesn't really help your case.  

• Like 1

Da only positive thing from dis is Onces can use it as fodder 2 feed da Twice machine against rude pervy MCs.

In time, if not used, it can die a silent death n b 4gottin.

Awards