News Ticker
  • TEAM TWICE 3.0 <3
TendyLoops

[DISCUSSION] Summer Nights - TWICE COMEBACK CONFESSION THREAD

I really should have started this kind of thread since my first day as a once, there has been a lot of stuff I am noticing in their past comebacks and it's my queue to start with Summer Nights.

As anyONCES can see, this comeback is a big bop! Our girls have gifted us with new visuals, new songs and new will for us to still support them. Day by day, our support for them never loses. And I know we are really thankful of that, we are well fed and spoiled. But again, I made this thread for us to see how we feel or any confession we have to say from the comeback.

So, I have these bullets that shows what I have thought or noticed.

• Chaeyoung's got the shortest line ever

I know I am not the only one who've noticed how the song got. Chaeyoung sang only for about 3 seconds, and it is only the title itself. Although there's a couple of voicings, for devoted Chaeyoung stans, it is not good to see that we see our favorite member getting ridiculous shortest line possible, considering that she's a member too and noted by the other members as the most talented. Even listed as one of the most talented girl idol of Korea. This is even worst than BTS' Jin's 4 seconds of lines from their "Not Today" MV. I even thought that this was Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon's Era but no.

But! Despite that, she is one member that has a lot of appearance from the "Dance the Night Away" MV. See the pictures inside

Spoiler

vlcsnap_2018_07_10_17h24m55s242.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h12m15s249.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h13m01s195.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h13m26s178.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h13m52s196.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h15m09s198.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h15m37s207.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h15m45s43.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h15m52s123.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h16m38s75.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h16m17s114.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h16m50s186.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h17m04s71.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h18m05s171.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h18m22s93.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h18m30s130.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h19m20s147.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h19m34s17.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h20m03s61.png
vlcsnap_2018_07_10_18h20m13s175.png

So I now think that's only fair square. I'm not prejudicing, I actually like how the underrated members years ago are now the stars of their new MV.

• The B-side "Dejavu" makes sense now

Before the announcement of their summer comeback, I have talked some of my ONCE friends that Dejavu sound like a summer song, disregarding the meaning of the lyrics, it sounded like a beach party song and it even has dubstep at the bridge part so I thought that time maybe TWICE will have their summer comeback and a repackaged of "What is Love" album, and now here it is. I actually think I'm getting good at guessing.

• CHILLAX and Shot Thru the Heart

These new B-sides are all bops too. I personally like CHILLAX because I can't explain how amazed I am with Nayeon's voice projection in the chorus, it gives me goosebumps I don't know. The same feeling goes with Lyricist MiSaMo's debut song, I found myself clapping with the melody whenever I listen to it.

Okay so far, those are the only bullets I have noticed and I will let you know if I have something new. For now let's just talk about thrices,  they are now lingering in articles that are anti-twice and TWICE MV's comment section on Youtube, tweeting hateful tweets on Twitter and commenting "tWiCe cAn'T sInG" on Facebook, even "helping" other fandoms to increase the views of their idol's MVs yet encouraging them to dislike TWICE MVs as you can see below

Spoiler

36913569_150061075883390_147664253126023

I know there's more, manipulated MR removed videos are their main weapon against TWICE and us and it's fast approaching, there would be antis articles that will spread fake news and I think they will never stop. So, I am encouraging you to protect our girls at all cost. Do your best at repelling them in a positive way possible.

I wish only the best for us and for our girls. Let's do our best! Fighting! :cy-mnet:

Yes, when I looked at the song in more detail I was surprised to find that Chaeng had fewer lines than I first thought (and they're all in English, oddly enough). But as well as having a lot of screen time in the M/V as you said, she also had quite a substantial rap in their last comeback, so I think it balances out. :cy-smile2:

• Like 1

Yes I peeped Chaeng had almost no lines too.

• There was no Dubchaeng rap in DTNA and my heart hurts because of it. (I mean yeah it was that one part where they sang "Dance the night away, lets dance the night away" but i'm used to them spoiling us with a rap)
  • JIHYO AS CENTER SAVED LIVES. A vocal and visual legend.
  • I really live for Jeongyeon thriving in her extensions! She's so pretty! (Jeong has always been beautiful, don't get me wrong, but she's wanted longer hair for a while now and now she finally has it and I'm sure she feels pretty now)
  • I've said this one time, and I'll say it again: MYOUI MINA IS THE LOML. Her space buns added years to my life.
  • Sana 0:42-0:48 . that's it, thats the confession
  • the b-side tracks were awesome and i loved how they fit the summer concept perfectly. Not to mention that I'm so proud of J-Line collaborating and writing Shot Thru The Heart together.
  • The dance is so upbeat and lively. Jihyo said this was their hardest choreography yet, and they slay it effortlessly.

all in all, they all looked amazing and sounded great and this is going to being another great era for twice.

• Like 2

Awards

6 hours ago, TendyLoops said:

Hide contents

36913569_150061075883390_147664253126023

I know there's more, manipulated MR removed videos are their main weapon against TWICE and us and it's fast approaching, there would be antis articles that will spread fake news and I think they will never stop. So, I am encouraging you to protect our girls at all cost. Do your best at repelling them in a positive way possible.

I wish only the best for us and for our girls. Let's do our best! Fighting! :cy-mnet:

Immature Fans always starting fanwars tsk.. tsk..

• Like 1

I do checking my goals in every TWICE comeback, and one of my goals is to memorize every DubChaeng rap part in every MV, I memorized their parts from Like OOH-AAH Era up to What is Love Era, but now, I don't know how do I do that since Chaeyoung's line distribution issue. :ny-shock:

Here's a confession: I don't get why so many people say this comeback is less "cute" than TWICE's previous releases. :ny-wut:

Now, personally I've never bought into the notion that TWICE's main concept is "cute" in the first place, I always thought it was more "cool" or "fun" than "cute".
But let's assume that all TWICE's previous releases were cute. Why is DTNA less so? They still look pretty and cute in the M/V because that's how they naturally always are. They show a teeny tiny bit more skin than usual, but how does that make them less cute?

Perhaps the musical style itself is less cute? Well, it's a peppy, upbeat song so I don't see why the music itself would be considered less cute than, say, LIKEY or Heart Shaker or What Is Love? The lyrics are different in that it's a song less about love or crushes and more about summer parties, but again I don't see the relevance of this to cuteness.

Perhaps it's the dance choreography? Again, I don't see how it's less cute than their previous dances; it's certainly their toughest choreo yet but it still has some cute poses, gestures and the members pairing up to dance with each other cutely.

So all in all, I don't quite get the people who say it's less cute, especially because they never really explain what they mean. I actually think it could be argued this comeback is more cute in some ways than some of their more recent songs, eg. LIKEY.

All this isn't to say that I don't think this song is a progression in TWICE's style, because it certainly is. I think it's one of their best songs although I can't fully explain why, and although promotions only just began I think it's one of their best comebacks and they've performed really great so far. :mm-jjang:

Spoiler

Wordy post, sry lol. :ny-lol:

On 7/11/2018 at 6:45 AM, Monster Myoui said:

The dance is so upbeat and lively. Jihyo said this was their hardest choreography yet, and they slay it effortlessly.

The dance is so energetic and detailed, I guess that's why it's hard. I like DTNA dance the most compared to the other title tracks. I know it's tiring for them but I wanna see more like this in the future >.<

They say some, if it's not all, of the moves are made by Jyp himself. He's always admirable when it comes to dance, especially when the dance is not meant to be cute like this. 

Twice slays it effortlessly. I bet they practice so hard to achieve that :o

Awards

1 hour ago, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

Here's a confession: I don't get why so many people say this comeback is less "cute" than TWICE's previous releases. :ny-wut:

If I think about it, neither do I know why it's lesa cute even though I said it by myself :ty-haha:

Yeah, I agree that Twice's concept generally is never 'cute'. I think it's more as 'fresh' (as Momo did say so).

Why not cute? I'm not sure... Maybe because Sana doesn't sing the chorus? ._. She almost always sings her parts cutely. That's being said, the chorus of the song gives big impact to how people judge the song :o

There's no shy shy shy move as well in the dance (eh?) There's no "flower face" as well. Even in WIL, on Tzuyu's part in the chorus, the dance is cutely seductive (ehhh?) In DTNA, the concept are just swimming and playing with the sand. 

Spoiler

tbh I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just bored :jy-jks:

Awards

On 7/11/2018 at 12:40 AM, TendyLoops said:
  • CHILLAX and Shot Thru the Heart

These new B-sides are all bops too. I personally like CHILLAX because I can't explain how amazed I am with Nayeon's voice projection in the chorus, it gives me goosebumps I don't know. The same feeling goes with Lyricist MiSaMo's debut song, I found myself clapping with the melody whenever I listen to it.

Chillax's lyrics are cool too! Typical summer song lyrics but it's kinda meaningful in some points. You should check it out! :mm-jjang:

Awards