News Ticker
  • TEAM TWICE 3.0 <3
Elumi

[DISCUSSION] Dance The Night Away - Theory : DTNA Horror concept!?

Theory:

Sana, Chaeyoung, Dahyun, and Tzuyu died from a shipwreck. see these candles from the first teaser image?

Its 5 candles. Take note of the colors: Red, Purple, White, Blue, and Yellow.

Coincidentally, these are also the official colors of Chaeyoung, Sana, Dahyun, Tzuyu, and Jihyo. These 5 members are also the only ones wearing a "summer outfit".

The original idea that people had was that the members wearing black were ghosts, but it's actually the other way around.

The ones without candles, Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, and Mina, are wearing funeral dresses..

These looks like funeral dresses due to most of it being black. They are mourning the death of their other members.

Conclusion: the 5 members died, the 4 are mourning their deaths by lighting candles. The 5 are ghosts and with the 4 members they just danced the night away.

From the individual teaser images we can have the idea how Chaeyoung, Sana, Dahyun, and Tzuyu died during the shipwreck.

Chaeyoung and her floater: Death by drowning, chaeyoung has a floater, meaning she can't swim and that she died because she ran out of oxygen.

Spoiler

twice_dahyun_chaeyoung_tzuyu_1530284649_

Sana: Death by blunt object. The disco ball on her head symbolize that she had crashed her head into a blunt object , the long red dress she wears symbolize how massive the bleeding is

Spoiler

Dr99EXK.jpg

Dahyun: Death by strangulation. The Net behind her is the cause of her death. She got caught by the net from the ship, and got strangled by it.

Spoiler

B2xGg0N.jpg

Tzuyu, Death by fire: Tzuyu died because of the explosion during the shipwreck. There are torches in her promo pictures, which obviously symbolize that she died in fire during the shipwreck. there are also crates. maybe she got burned with the crates?

Spoiler

twice_dahyun_chaeyoung_tzuyu_1530284649_

Why does jihyo have a candle when she didn't die in the shipwreck? here's why

Jihyo, death by suicide?:  take note that she is in full white in her teaser image. i googled white death and here is what i found "The name WHITE DEATH represents winter, death, suffering and desolation  so Jihyo killed herself? maybe because she was suffering at the death of her members and got depressed

Spoiler

Jihyo-s-teaser-image-for-Dance-the-Night

Also as you can see in the MV , after the shipwreck they got stranded in an island and the 4 members Nayeon , Jeongyeon, Momo, and Mina barely did any work. While the other 5 are doing everything.

that's because Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, and Mina are imagining that they are with them because of the shock.

Nayeon was imagining chaeyoung building shelter but it was actually jeongyeon building the shade for her, Jeongyeon imagined tzuyu and chaeyoung getting fruit for her, Mina imagining dahyun is with them. Momo, being simple minded didn't even notice that they were her imagination.

And at the end of the music video they saw a ship (searching for survivors? ) but they decided to just go back to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

credits : the first part (about the candles) is from u/zetsupetsu thanks for the idea

Edited by Elumi

Awards

6 minutes ago, Black rabbit said:

Woah, what a great observer you are! AND THE STORY IS ALSO GREAT.

Now, that I think about it, it's a little similar to GOT7's Flight log theory:

thanks! i'm gonna watch the flight log theory you sent :mn-tea:

Awards

I'd love it if the official M/V has this story but maybe gonna tone down Jihyo's for a bit haha! I guess it wouldn't fit the song since it's all summery and fun but if they did release a song that will fit with this theory, it'll be great. I'm a sucker for story M/Vs. 

:dh-good:

27 minutes ago, liraeyllis said:

I'd love it if the official M/V has this story but maybe gonna tone down Jihyo's for a bit haha! I guess it wouldn't fit the song since it's all summery and fun but if they did release a song that will fit with this theory, it'll be great. I'm a sucker for story M/Vs. 

:dh-good:

yeah i guess jihyo's was a bit extreme :ny-lol:

but i can't think of anything for her as she is the only one who was wearing white and almost got nothing in her teaser image

if you got any ideas tho i can add it

Awards

:jy-hmm: Ok, sorry but I find this kinda ridiculous. Whenever people start looking too deep into M/Vs and making these theories, I'm always reminded of this (warning: strong language): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTZh84xyBxM :ny-lol:

If your imagination is vivid enough you can pick and choose bits and pieces from the M/V and draw all sorts of connections all day long.

So far this looks and sounds to be a fun, summery song, so it doesn't make sense to me that they'd have such a dark concept lurking beneath it. :mm-wut:

Edited by TWICE's Pet Gerbil

On 7/13/2018 at 4:37 AM, TWICE's Pet Gerbil said:

:jy-hmm: Ok, sorry but I find this kinda ridiculous. Whenever people start looking too deep into M/Vs and making these theories, I'm always reminded of this (warning: strong language): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTZh84xyBxM :ny-lol:

If your imagination is vivid enough you can pick and choose bits and pieces from the M/V and draw all sorts of connections all day long.

So far this looks and sounds to be a fun, summery song, so it doesn't make sense to me that they'd have such a dark concept lurking beneath it. :mm-wut:

well, it's just for fun :mn-tea:

it's interesting to look at things from a different angle sometimes

makes you think

Awards

I'll 1 up dis n say dey all died; cuz dey no bothered b-in rescued.

Or

Dey all survived n dey all mournin' da otha peeps who were wit dem on da boat.  What if der boyfriends all died from the wreck?  Grief stricken, dey care not bout goin' back 2 da rest of da world, n all decide 2 make dat island der home till death.

Yea, I tink I'll go wit da latter.

Awards

12 hours ago, OrdinaryFan said:

I wouldn't mind getting nightmares from reading this, at least I'll get to see them in my dreams hehe.

It's only a theory.  Not fact.  :ny-soju:

Awards