- TEAM TWICE 3.0 <3
[PIC/TWT/IG] 180804 to 180807 TWICE 1st Japan Album『BDZ』concept art series - "Break your Barriers, BDZ!"By sacheol-21stC
『BDZ』release date September 12th, 2018.
" TWICE : Break your Barriers, BDZ!"
Nayeon / 나연 / ナヨン/ 娜璉
Jeongyeon / 정연 / ジョンヨン / 定延
Momo / 모모 / モモ / 桃
Sana / 사나 / サナ / 紗夏
Jihyo / 지효 / ジヒョ / 志效
Mina / 미나 / ミナ / 南
Dahyun / 다현 / ダヒョン / 多賢
Chaeyoung / 채영 / チェヨン / 彩瑛
Tzuyu / 쯔위 / ツウィ / 子瑜
[JIHYOIST/IG/TWT] Jihyo (with her family) visiting CAFERI on Jeju Island (Cafe owner's account on IG)By sacheol-21stC
Translated by fellow ONCE's TWT, Jihyoiswonder
Article: Twice Jihyo, "I cried every day after our debut because of the pressure of being the main vocal"
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+215, -37] Main vocals of JYP girl groups... would be sub vocals in other girl groups
2. [+153, -43] They originally had a different main vocal on their pre-debut audition program but they didn't get enough votes and got eliminated. These idols aren't Kim Bum Soo or Park Jung Hyun, they're girl groups, they're idols... Charm is more important above all else. It doesn't matter how talented they are when they have no charm. Why do you think all of JYP's girl groups have won daesangs all these years? Because their charms work well with their songs and that's what the public loves them for. Each company needs to have a different strength to set them apart...
3. [+72, -13] No matter how popular they are, they need vocal talent for a long running career as singers. Look at SNSD... do any of them have successful singing careers other than Taeyeon right now? It doesn't matter how many daesangs JYP has won when they have no successful long running female idol. Once their groups disband they all either break into acting or something else. Why do you think IU has a long running career and is considered a digital powerhouse with daesangs to back it up? Why Taeyeon? Sure, charm is important as a star but vocal talent is just as important as a singer. Having vocal talent allows for a wider variety of choices in songs which lets you experiment with more and more concepts. I've watched over Twice while in the army and what I felt bad for them about was that their songs always sound the same and I'm already seeing them reach their limit. At this point, their fandom is so big that they're able to win #1 still but I don't know how much longer they're going to make it... JYP needs to look past the tree and into the forest. This isn't the time to be overworking them to the point of illness. Train them up and actually respect their fans by giving them vocals that their ears can enjoy.
4. [+23, -6] Did Twice ever have a main vocal..
5. [+15, -3] Twice's original main vocal was Kim Jiwon. I just checked up on her and she got super pretty, what a waste ㅠㅠ
6. [+15, -5] I'm going to sue the cameraman who keeps filming shots of Nayeon's side profile ㅡㅡ
7. [+14, -3] JYP always lacks that 2% something. JYP tried to copy SM's SNSD concept but they never quite reached that level. Suzy, too. She has the visuals and talent but JYP failed to succeed her as a singer. JYP has no idea what the public actually wants because they're too stubborn.
8. [+13, -4] You should've been training in the time you were crying
9. [+12, -3] Oh, Twice has a main vocal... that's the first time I'm finding out about that..;;
10. [+3, -5] Jihyo was originally the lead vocal for 'Six Mix', I'm sure she felt the pressure of suddenly being moved to the main vocal!