• Announcements

• Tzumongie

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!   12/30/2017

As we celebrate the New Year, We wish everyone success, a healthy long life and a fresh new start. Happy New Year! - TEAM TWICE <3  

Welcome, Guest!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Alex97

[TZUYUIST] Tzuyu's Name Pronounciation

7 minutes ago, Amethyst Dreamer said:

You know a bit when you've been a K-pop fan since 2009, and have interest in learning about the industry and culture. xD 

Wow,7 years?That's a lot.I've only been a Kpop fan since 2013.I learned about those too but I can't seem to remember all of them.I'm quite forgetful:ny-tt:

Awards

This topic was actually a war for me and my friend, i used the pronunciation Tzu-you and my friend used Chewy, and maybe i lose because I use now the pronunciation Chewy XD

• Upvote 1

It was Chee-Wee when the first time I read it hohoho :sn-lol: Based on google translate, what I heard was 'Chewy' but using 'Z' instead of 'C'.. And the last vocal is a bit weird to pronounce :mm-wut:

Edited by Ahn Haeju

Awards

my mind is blown by how many people here know how to read korean:ny-lol:

Well when I first read it, I read it as  ' Chew-You'   but now I read it as Chewy bec it's way cuter than others.

Edited by Twice's Manager

On 7/5/2017 at 5:57 PM, Twice's Manager said:

Well when I first read it, I read it as  ' Chew-You'   but now I read it as Chewy bec it's way cuter than others.

Yeah, I say chewy as well haha. I first read it as like sue-you XD

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2017 at 7:57 AM, Twice's Manager said:

3 minutes ago, NayeonBunnyIsMyBias said:

Yeah, I say chewy as well haha. I first read it as like sue-you XD

On 12/27/2016 at 8:16 PM, ChewyTzuyuChan said:

This topic was actually a war for me and my friend, i used the pronunciation Tzu-you and my friend used Chewy, and maybe i lose because I use now the pronunciation Chewy XD

TWICEs' very own Chewbacca. :ny-lol::ty-lol::sn-lol:

7 hours ago, NayeonBunnyIsMyBias said:

My friend says "Suey" :dh-fp:

:dh-lol:

Awards

I keep saying it like "Tzu-you" I should start calling her with the right pronounciation :dh-lol: Chewyy~ :ty-hehe: 

I pronounce her name as Jjeu-wi/ Joo-Hee but my friends usually pronounces her name as Tsu-You, so I get confused sometimes. 

Awards

It always confuse me way back when I was just starting, I'm always forgetting that it supposed to be pronounced as chewy not chuyu :sn-lol: some of my friends (non-ONCE), they always pronounce it as chuyu tho.

Awards

I think I pronounced it like "Zoo-yoo" and I still do sometimes just because I think it sounds cuter. :ty-hehe:

But I looked up how to pronounce all their names quite soon after discovering them and I'm fairly good at copying the sounds of different languages so it's not a problem for me to say her name correctly in either Korean or Mandarin. :mn-tea:

I will have to ask my Mom about how her name is pronounced in Taiwanese/Hokkien, though (she probably won't know). :mm-wut:

Edited by TWICE's Pet Gerbil