News Ticker
  • TEAM TWICE 3.0 <3
Alex97

[TZUYUIST] Tzuyu's Name Pronounciation

7 minutes ago, Amethyst Dreamer said:

You know a bit when you've been a K-pop fan since 2009, and have interest in learning about the industry and culture. xD 

Wow,7 years?That's a lot.I've only been a Kpop fan since 2013.I learned about those too but I can't seem to remember all of them.I'm quite forgetful:ny-tt:

Awards

This topic was actually a war for me and my friend, i used the pronunciation Tzu-you and my friend used Chewy, and maybe i lose because I use now the pronunciation Chewy XD

• Upvote 1

It was Chee-Wee when the first time I read it hohoho :sn-lol: Based on google translate, what I heard was 'Chewy' but using 'Z' instead of 'C'.. And the last vocal is a bit weird to pronounce :mm-wut:

Edited by Ahn Haeju

Awards

my mind is blown by how many people here know how to read korean:ny-lol:

Well when I first read it, I read it as  ' Chew-You'   but now I read it as Chewy bec it's way cuter than others.

Edited by Twice's Manager

On 7/5/2017 at 5:57 PM, Twice's Manager said:

Well when I first read it, I read it as  ' Chew-You'   but now I read it as Chewy bec it's way cuter than others.

Yeah, I say chewy as well haha. I first read it as like sue-you XD

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2017 at 7:57 AM, Twice's Manager said:

3 minutes ago, NayeonBunnyIsMyBias said:

Yeah, I say chewy as well haha. I first read it as like sue-you XD

On 12/27/2016 at 8:16 PM, ChewyTzuyuChan said:

This topic was actually a war for me and my friend, i used the pronunciation Tzu-you and my friend used Chewy, and maybe i lose because I use now the pronunciation Chewy XD

TWICEs' very own Chewbacca. :ny-lol::ty-lol::sn-lol:

7 hours ago, NayeonBunnyIsMyBias said:

My friend says "Suey" :dh-fp:

:dh-lol:

I keep saying it like "Tzu-you" I should start calling her with the right pronounciation :dh-lol: Chewyy~ :ty-hehe: 

I pronounce her name as Jjeu-wi/ Joo-Hee but my friends usually pronounces her name as Tsu-You, so I get confused sometimes. 

It always confuse me way back when I was just starting, I'm always forgetting that it supposed to be pronounced as chewy not chuyu :sn-lol: some of my friends (non-ONCE), they always pronounce it as chuyu tho.

I think I pronounced it like "Zoo-yoo" and I still do sometimes just because I think it sounds cuter. :ty-hehe:

But I looked up how to pronounce all their names quite soon after discovering them and I'm fairly good at copying the sounds of different languages so it's not a problem for me to say her name correctly in either Korean or Mandarin. :mn-tea:

I will have to ask my Mom about how her name is pronounced in Taiwanese/Hokkien, though (she probably won't know). :mm-wut:

Edited by TWICE's Pet Gerbil