News Ticker
  • TEAM TWICE 3.0 <3
Alex97

[GAMING] The Official Superstar JYPNATION Thread

VyX0C87SQp_fLMCkFsvph-SafZUihR0KSPSc73iA

Current Version: 1.0.3

SuperStar JYPNation is a South Korean rhythm game developed by Dalcomsoft Inc. It was first launched on App Stores (for both iOS and Android) on June 30, 2017 adapting to the original SuperStar SMTOWN's concept. This game features JYPNation's artists' J.Y Park, Wonder Girls, Sunmi, 2am, 2pm, Miss A, Got7, Baek Ahyeon, 15& and TWICE! Languages available in both Korean and English!

HOW TO DOWNLOAD:

Note: This might be a little trickier for those people who doesn't have a Korean account but still doable nonetheless. You can download the apk files for android but I recommend downloading the original from Google Play for updates since this game requires a lot of updating every few weeks/days.

ANDROID:

[!] If you do not have a Korean account: 

1. Go to your phone settings and check on allow unknown sources to install application.
  2. Download QooApp apk and install.
  3. Download SuperStar JYPNATION apk from QooApp and install.
  4. QooApp will tell you when a new version is up.

iOS:

[!] If you do not have a Korean account:

1. Go to settings.
  2. Go to "iTunes & App Store".
  3. View your Apple ID (enter your password if necessary).
  4. Go to “Country/Region” and change your country or region to South Korea (it should appear last on the list as “대한민국”).
  5. Click “Next” and then click “Agree” to accept the terms and conditions.
  6. Enter a random South Korean address 
  7. Your iTunes App Store has now been switched to South Korea.
  8. Search for “SuperStar JYPNATION” in your iTunes and download.

(c: sublime on OH for the installation process)

Now you're ready to play!

-----

Tutorials | Tips | Know Hows

PS: I'll be using my own account here, sorry that all my cards are all noob rn, I just started playing a few hours ago lol

Tips

• Try to keep the same theme for every member in a group (eg, Twice: Cheer Up era) it'll accumulate more rhythm points.
  • Temporarily fill in all the card slots with anything if the theme your collecting is still not available.
  • If you want to get more rhythm points faster, concentrate on upgrading soloist or groups with less members.

Menu

Spoiler

HoN1KWd.png

1. Profile - Displays information about the player.
  2. Headphones - aka 'lives'. You recieve this when you rank up or rank down (One headphone per slots you move). If you run out of these, you have to wait 5 minutes to generate another headphone. This starts when you have less than 5 headphones. You can also get these if you succeed on a challenge
  3. Rhythm Points - This are used for upgrading, powering up cards, buying stuff from the store. You get this every time you succeed a round, a gift or end of the week ranks. The amount varies on what mode you play on (Hard - 600+ RP | Normal - 400+ RP | Easy - 200+ RP)
  4. Diamonds - These are limited edition stuff, this allows you to buy limited edition things on the store and you can only have this by either purchasing or by being in the weekly top 3.

Cards

Spoiler
  • You can receive a card(s) via playing a locked round, a mission, buying card packs, receiving it as a gift, or in a special event.
  • There are cards 5 levels. The higher you go, the more rhythm points it gives. And as the card level goes up, it gets rarer to find or receive. 

From lowest to highest: C, B, AS, & R

LhEwArj.png  ->  lNYq6ko.png  - >  T2tQu0i.png  -> pending  ->  pending 

• You can find them here (refer to red arrow and box) Click the area with the red box and it would direct you to the cards library:  

dppAme0.jpg

• You can press any of the cards and choose what and not to equip. I still don't have all Cheer Up cards so I filled it in temporarily with what I have.

Card Power Up & Upgrades

• Card Power Up
Spoiler
  • This will need a lot of patience (unless you have the $$)
  • What you need: Rhythm points + Cards + Luck

Reminders: There is no guarantee that powering up your card will be successful. The card you'll use for powering up will be gone once you use it so make sure you have no regrets

hX7WBi4.jpg

•  Just follow the steps above and you should get something like this if it succeeds 

IfMYV93.jpg

NOTE: Yes, you can use cards with a higher level to power up, it gives you a higher chance of not failing. It's a different story if you use a lower card against a higher one (say for example you want to power up an S card using a C card, that will likely not work xD)

Here are the costs:

Spoiler

Upgrading a C rank card

Combining a C rank card with a C rank card -> 100 cost

Combining a C rank card with a B rank card -> 126 cost

Combining a C rank card with an A rank card ->152 cost

Combining a C rank card with an S rank card ->179 cost

Upgrading a B rank card

Combining a B rank card with a C rank card -> 150 cost

Combining a B rank card with a B rank card -> 375 cost

Combining a B rank card with an A rank card -> 509 cost

Combining a B rank card with an S rank card -> 642 cost

Upgrading an A rank card

Combining an A rank card with a C rank card -> 300 cost

Combining an A rank card with a B rank card -> 1650 cost

Combining an A rank card with an A rank card -> 3000 cost

Combining an A rank card with an S rank card -> 4332 cost

Upgrading an S rank card

Combining an S rank card with a C rank card -> 450 cost

Combining an S rank card with a B rank card -> 3294 cost

Combining an S rank card with an A rank card -> 6156 cost

Combining an S rank card with an S rank card -> 9000 cost

Card Upgrade

Spoiler
  • Card upgrading is when you upgrade your card to a higher level (eg. A Jihyo A Card -> Jihyo B Card)
  • This is a bit costly so you might want to save up.

Rules in Upgrading:

• You must have TWO(2) cards of the same member. It doesn't matter if it's from a different era
  • Both cards should be both 5 starred
  • Both cads should be on the same level.

Example:

Rankings

Spoiler
  • Once you open the app, you will immediately find the current ranking. (Users are grouped into 20 for ranks and they battle it out until the end of the week)

a65TZsl.png

• Rankings refresh every Monday at exactly 2AM KST
  • There are 12 leagues in total ... in order: Bronze I, II, III, Silver I, II, III, Gold I, II, III, and Platinum I, II, III.
  • Those who enter the Top 5 by the end of the week will be promoted to the next league. It is also possible to be demoted.
  • The top 3 will receive diamonds as bonus and addition Rhythm points!

The list of diamond bonuses per league: 

Spoiler
  • Bronze I: 1st 10 Diamonds, 2nd 5 Diamonds, 3rd 3 Diamonds
  • Bronze II: 1st 12 Diamonds, 2nd 7 Diamonds, 3rd 5 Diamonds
  • Bronze III: 1st 15 Diamonds, 2nd 10 Diamonds, 3rd 7 Diamonds
  • Silver I: 1st 20 Diamonds, 2nd 15 Diamonds, 3rd 13 Diamonds
  • Silver II: 1st 22 Diamonds, 2nd 17 Diamonds, 3rd 15 Diamonds
  • Silver III: 1st 25 Diamonds, 2nd 20 Diamonds, 3rd 17 Diamonds
  • Gold I: 1st 30 Diamonds, 2nd 25 Diamonds, 3rd 23 Diamonds
  • Gold II: 1st 32 Diamonds, 2nd 27 Diamonds, 3rd 25 Diamonds
  • Gold III: 1st 35 Diamonds, 2nd 30 Diamonds, 3rd 27 Diamonds
  • Platinum I: 1st 40 Diamonds, 2nd 35 Diamonds, 3rd 33 Diamonds
  • Platinum II: 1st 42 Diamonds, 2nd 37 Diamonds, 3rd 35 Diamonds
  • Platinum III: 1st 45 Diamonds, 2nd 40 Diamonds, 3rd 37 Diamonds

Scoring

Spoiler

8uulHM4.jpg

1. This area shows what group I currently have the highest score for the week. The week's SUPERSTAR represents the card that gave me the most RP out of the group that I had the high score in. (eg. my highest score for the week so far is a song from 2AM,  Jokwon's card gave me the most highest points hence he is my week's SUPERSTAR)
  2.  Weekly Top 5: Your total score is the sum of your highest scores by your five best artists. You can check your highest scores for the week on your profile. You can also check other people’s highest scores by tapping on their ranking.
  3. Total Ranking Scores: The sum and your score from the Weekly Top 5

/Will be adding tips & infos about power ups, upgrades, card packs, trophies, rankings etc/

Please comment below if you have any questions and share (or show off xD) your progress on the game!!!

- currently under construction -

• Upvote 8

I'm really bad at rhythm games (Cytus, Deemo, VOEZ) but my love for JYP artists is magical. Haha!

I don't know if this is considered a tip but if you're competitive as hell and you want to stay in the rankings, check the game every 5 hrs or so because the rankings magically change when you're confident about your overall score haha! 

Spoiler

13548751_1202504803103848_446638602_o.jp

3 hours ago, cinnamochi said:

I'm really bad at rhythm games (Cytus, Deemo, VOEZ) but my love for JYP artists is magical. Haha!

I don't know if this is considered a tip but if you're competitive as hell and you want to stay in the rankings, check the game every 5 hrs or so because the rankings magically change when you're confident about your overall score haha! 

Reveal hidden contents

True...there are snipers who likes to appear the last few hours and overtake people before the league refreshes:ty-onemil:

Dayum... this is going to be a looooooooong post

6 hours ago, cinnamochi said:

Reveal hidden contents

Not bad :jy-utried:so much ninjaz

I can't get 3 stars on Hard mode at allllll HAHAHAHAHAH my fingers are too slow :dh-lol:

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, saint_21 said:

when you are at rank 8 yesterday night and suddenly chasing own fellow TTF  @RyuJ

:kappa:

i3fS8kF.png

LMAOOOOOO You're on the same group with RyuJ for the weekly rankings hahahaha awesomeee

Just now, Alex97 said:

LMAOOOOOO You're on the same group with RyuJ for the weekly rankings hahahaha awesomeee

:jy-utried:yeah feels weirds how can i meet him amongs all of onces ! :kappa:

Just now, saint_21 said:

:jy-utried:yeah feels weirds how can i meet him amongs all of onces ! :kappa:

I should try scrolling down my group, maybe I know someone :mm-pdnim:

This is me rn! I'm battling it out with a person named JBluv, we've been at it for 5 hours now lololol

a65TZsl.png

4 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

I should try scrolling down my group, maybe I know someone :mm-pdnim:

This is me rn! I'm battling it out with a person named JBluv, we've been at it for 5 hours now lololol

a65TZsl.png

3M scary :dh-wut::dh-wut:

• Upvote 1

Just now, saint_21 said:

3M scary :dh-wut::dh-wut:

:mm-pdnim:we're only 20k apart now xD s/he's about to get me but :ny-nono: 

1 hour ago, saint_21 said:

when you are at rank 8 yesterday night and suddenly chasing own fellow TTF  @RyuJ

:kappa:

i3fS8kF.png

That's cool haha! Hope I can battle it out with some TTF fellas here too :mm-pdnim:

Just now, cinnamochi said:

That's cool haha! Hope I can battle it out with some TTF fellas here too :mm-pdnim:

:mn-blush: just dont let me meet you mochi, im scared :sob:

I'm confused about the calculation for ranked scores.. For the first few songs they increase based on your actual score (300k-400k) when you complete a song/challenge but a few hours later, completing songs give me barely 50k-100k. Is there any reason for this or do they actually decrease as the week goes by?

1 minute ago, Clyde said:

I'm confused about the calculation for ranked scores.. For the first few songs they increase based on your actual score (300k-400k) when you complete a song/challenge but a few hours later, completing songs give me barely 50k-100k. Is there any reason for this or do they actually decrease as the week goes by?

Yes, I'm including and explaining that in my post when I edit it later. That also got me confused when I first played the game a year ago xD

1 minute ago, Alex97 said:

Yes, I'm including and explaining that in my post when I edit it later. That also got me confused when I first played the game a year ago xD

ooh i see, thank you for dedicating your time to making a guide! Ill definitely check for updates!:sn-cutie:

Just now, Clyde said:

ooh i see, thank you for dedicating your time to making a guide! Ill definitely check for updates!:sn-cutie:

No problem, I'm updating a few minutes :dh-nice:

3 minutes ago, tzuXhybudget said:

Alex, it refreshes at 2AM KST :D

:dh-fp: Thanks, I'm changing it after I edit

2 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

@Clyde It's already added in :jh-gj:

OHH it makes sense now. I was desperately trying to complete new songs and break existing high scores but my score wouldn't go up :jh-wut:

2 minutes ago, Clyde said:

OHH it makes sense now. I was desperately trying to complete new songs and break existing high scores but my score wouldn't go up :jh-wut:

No problem, Good luck with the game! btw, what rank are you on now? :O 

1 minute ago, Alex97 said:

No problem, Good luck with the game! btw, what rank are you on now? :O 

Bronze I, just started yesterday :ny-lol:I'm currently holding first place in my league with a lead of 900k points so as long as no one decides to ninja me ill be promoted by tmr :dh-nice: