Azazel

Signal MV finally releases! What's your opinion?

How was Signal for you?   44 members have voted

1. 1. I think it was...

• AWESOME!!!!!
    • Okay, I need a few more listens to get hooked!
    • I prefer the previous songs by our girls!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Will update my own opinion as the music video plays out!

I voted for AWESOME! because I do like the concept and visuals as a whole, but I do think the song is less impactful than their other title songs in my opinion.

EDIT:

• Need to get used to the intro, but I love the overall chill beat of the song
  • I love how Mina tries to hypnotise the alien and she knocked herself out!
  • Nayeon with her many expressions, coupled with her rewinding ability is so god darn adorable!
  • Tzuyu with her playful jab, sending the alien through the room, HAHAHA so ridiculous and cute!
  • The chorus is mad catchy, I found myself singing along as soon as it hit!
  • Tuturu dudu tuturu dudu JIRI JIRII JIRI HOLY SHIT SO CATCHY!

Edited by Azazel

The Chorus is so Catchy ❤

My babies are really back ❤ 

So many stufff from Cheer Up in the MV. Also helping Spris with their promotion. LOL.

:ny-lol:

Song is good overall but i feel its the beat is repeated too much to have an impact. They all look really good in this concept thou.

They're already #1 in melon just after 5mins the Mv was released. It is a good song. The Chorus is really cute and Catchy. 

The chorus is super catchy! And I love the heavier bass line. :ny-yes:

I love Jeongyeon's parts so much (though I'm biased, heh.) Her expressions killed me :jy-aww:

Other than the ending being a bit strange:dh-wut:, I really like the song.:dh-nice: The chorus especially with that "Jiri Jiri" is so catchy.:dh-bbasae: Also Momo running around with that astronaut helmet.:ny-lol:

I am also really looking forward to the choreography of the song. The small parts you could see were interesting.:dh-yas:

Nayeon pretty much won this concept's best looker for me, can't stop looking at her expressions and her beautiful red hair!

Really liking it and I'm surprised by the amount of Momo, Sana, Tzuyu lines in this song. One of the fairest line distribution in their title songs, except Dahyun who barely gets any spotlight. Still satisfied overall. 

55 minutes ago, Amazarashi said:

Really liking it and I'm surprised by the amount of Momo, Sana, Tzuyu lines in this song. One of the fairest line distribution in their title songs, except Dahyun who barely gets any spotlight. Still satisfied overall. 

The line distribution in thisong ae so different from the other songs. Mina and Momo are actually the top 2. But overall luckily everyone gets nearly equal the lines in the MV.:ny-yes:

What surprised me was that Jeongyeon actually got the least amount which doesn't even feel like it.

I LOVE it!

I just wish the pause at 2:54 - 3:12 wasn't so long T.T

Really catchy. After the first hearing it was like "Oh, great", after 10 times I really loved it. 
Also Momo in this MV <3 

Posted (edited)

Ever since I first heard the album teasers, I was intrigued by the song and luckily, its a hit for me. I like the song. The MV is really cool, I really like it. I love the superpowers aspect of it. I like how the alien isnt interested in them:ny-lol: The "Cheer up" camera dude made a cameo so thats cool. Its different too. Nayeon didnt start this one. :ny-hmm: I love the beginning of the song especially when Jeongyeon and Chaeng sang. That was heaven. Overall, the song beat is nice, nice MV plot, colorful (always a plus for me) and everything works (I think)

Edited by Yennie

It usually takes me a few listens but I loved this 3/4's of the way through my first listen :mn-blush: The MV is amazing and the sound is great! :dh-yas::mn-peace: Mina killed me :mn-ooh:

signal is good. but the repetition does make it more difficult to become an instant catch and hook.

been listening to signal on repeat to get used to the beat.

Posted (edited)

I really really like it!

I only had the chance to listen it ONCE, but it stuck in my head, like I'm working and I'm still streaming the MV!

The visual was so good :mm-wow:

The story line is cute

The song is catchy

Every girl shine

They are all so pretty

and the end is very funny (pink aliens ahaha they got me)

(and this one is for Momo fans : she have more line!!!!!!!!!! :D)

So what?? It's MY JAM :D :mm-jjang:

Edited by catheed

I'm shocked at the end hahah :mm-wow: I love pink aliens lol:dh-lol:

The song is so catchy, I just love it.

I must let you know:sn-pew:

(As I said in another thread) As a ONCE that obviously loves Twice, I feel like I don't have to like everything they do and personally, I dont rlly like Signal or the concept. Its new and creative (which is good cuz kpop is getting generic in my opinion) but I dont think it really "hit", u know. Like that alien in kinda creepy and in the end they all turn into creepy aliens. The rest of the album is rlly good and much better imo.

Just be honestly, I think I like almost of the song!:ny-yes:

First time listening, I thought it's really messy, some parts are not relative to each other :pepe:. The parts "I must let you know" to the chorus were totally different and did not fit each other~ I was disappointed (but honestly I had expected it, it IS COMPOSED by JYP. Don't want to make anybody feel offensive but just look at Never Ever or his latest songs... but I still hoped for TWICE's song...):ny-tt:

Going sleep and waking up, I decided to continuing stream the MV even it is not good as expected :jy-stress:. But after a fews time listen, I now can feel the song. The chorus actually is good. Somebody complain that why he lets Tzuyu and Sana sing the chorus but I think they nailed it! It's bop :jy-flee:. The only part I still cannot be into is the part "must let you know" and "signal bune smth~". Still think JYP should do something better to fit chorus and  bridge parts!

Changing line is okay but let mina "rap" or let Chaeng and Dahyun sing (not sure it's really singing) is weird for me :mm-eat2:

But in sum, just try to listen more than 9 times, you will love Signal :mm-pdnim:

p/s: Someone Like Me is pretty good~ their vocals melt my heart :sn-lub: best b-side ever in my opinion (even though the guitar at the beginning is pretty similar with "Starving" by  Hailee Steinfeld) :sn-shock: 

Posted (edited)

the song is pretty catchy, but its not the type that when you listen to it once, it gets stuck easily to your head, you have to listen to it  a couple of times. I prolly have to listen to it more coz i'm still not feeling it.  The vocals at the first minute was kinda awkward, but after that it gets a lot better. Especially Jihyo and Nayeon's part and also the chorus as well. The concept in the mv was kinda okay since it is unique. 

Edited by NightChanges

3 hours ago, FB s'OYHIJ said:

(As I said in another thread) As a ONCE that obviously loves Twice, I feel like I don't have to like everything they do and personally, I dont rlly like Signal or the concept. Its new and creative (which is good cuz kpop is getting generic in my opinion) but I dont think it really "hit", u know. Like that alien in kinda creepy and in the end they all turn into creepy aliens. The rest of the album is rlly good and much better imo.

Agreed. The side songs are much better than the title songs. Signal probably does not fit the music taste of the current generation of people hence people might not really like it. Personally i just feel that the song needs a bit more work on the beats. It is just too constant throughout the whole song which make it sound really dull.

To be honest i don't really like the song but i guess I just have to listen it more.

i loved it when i listened to it at first and then i loved it to the moon and back when i kept on repeating it :mm-jjang:

Yeah, the general consensus in multiple forums and YouTube is that the song is not really meant for all. "Signal" has led to mixed opinions ranging from people enjoying it to disliking it as the song is somewhat jarring to an extent. 

I guess JYP was experimenting with Signal to see if the song would stick and be another one with a catchy hook. It's always good to experiment and for TWICE they could afford to, since their fandom is one of the biggest in Kpop.

I think it's kinda like their sunbaenim 2PM when they just released "Heartbeat" in 2009, I do vividly remember that the response to "Heartbeat" was very similar to "Signal" because it detracted from their previous songs like "Again & Again", "I Hate You" etc etc.

Hopefully the girl's don't feel too bad about themselves, because they are still as lovable and adorable as they were!

First of all, I'm really happy that Jype decides to make a high quality MV this time!:ny-yes:

For me, the best MV is still 'Cheer Up' tbh. And 'Knock Knock', eventough it looks cheaper, it still gives stronger feeling and excitement than 'Signal' MV. But it's not dissapointing at all. Signal is a type of mv that worth to watch over and over again because of its rich visualization.

I like the idea of using alien instead of a real boy (that way Twice's fanboys won't get jelly jelly hahaha) :)) I like the superhero concepts, since 2017 will be Avengers' year as well. Alien + super power should remain us to GotG tho :ty-notbad:Imo Chaeyoung looks adorable the most. I really like her singing part and Jeongyeon's. Really happy to see Tzuyu got a center position she deserves hehehe... >.< Btw that "beggar" dance move is weird af, love it! :ty-lol: